Is there anything to do in Denver on a weekday morning??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have to make a trip to Denver soon to see a customer.

This was kind of a last minute deal, so the only airline tickets I could find for under a Bazillion dollars has me arriving in Denver at 6:30am,

My appointment is not until 2:00....So, I have 7 1/2 hours to kill.

The meeting is at a Corporate office, so I'm in a shirt & tie. So, something like hiking is out of the question.

Any ideas for good clean fun in the Denver metro to kill some time???

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have to make a trip to Denver soon to see a customer.

This was kind of a last minute deal, so the only airline tickets I could find for under a Bazillion dollars has me arriving in Denver at 6:30am,

My appointment is not until 2:00....So, I have 7 1/2 hours to kill.

The meeting is at a Corporate office, so I'm in a shirt & tie. So, something like hiking is out of the question.

Any ideas for good clean fun in the Denver metro to kill some time???

If you want to experience the outdoors and some of the Rocky Mountains while staying dressed up, I'd suggest driving over to Mt. Evans. It's a little over an hour from Denver. There is a road going to the summit of the mountain and it's the highest paved road in North America. The summit is over 14,000 ft. I drove up this summer and was in awe of the areas beauty. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Evans

780BB018A0F01B1125A175B61AC092AC.jpg

mount-evans.jpg

mount-evans.jpg

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    [video=youtube;JkCaAnIcDWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkCaAnIcDWw[/video]

I know that's a joke, but I have had several business trips to CO this summer and vacationed 10 days in Washington and Oregon. If you talk to the locals they will tell you that legalization has had no impact. The wheels aren't falling off in most places. And, the State is collecting buttloads of tax money.
    In Oregon and Washington, there were Pot Shops everywhere.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Thought you were talking about Denver Indiana. 7 1/2 hours would be enough time to talk to every resident!

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    If you want to experience the outdoors and some of the Rocky Mountains while staying dressed up, I'd suggest driving over to Mt. Evans. It's a little over an hour from Denver. There is a road going to the summit of the mountain and it's the highest paved road in North America. The summit is over 14,000 ft. I drove up this summer and was in awe of the areas beauty. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Evans

Yeah, that's a nice trip. Did it many years ago with my GF's family. High 80s in Denver, low 50s at the peak. Bring a jacket.

The Denver Zoo is pretty nice. My GF and I were following a school group through the Primate House when the chaperones began to *quickly* move them along. My GF and I came to a window into an orangutan enclosure, and the orang had...um..."taken matters in hand". He's in there, going to town, and staring straight back at everyone walking by! So funny.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    Or Great Divide in Denver. Their Oatmeal Yeti Imperial Stout is reason enough to go there, especially if you can find it on draft with nitrogen.:drool:

For sure. I didn't have enough time to do both but Oatmeal Yeti is my favorite Oatmeal Stout. I'll get there some day!

Oh, and if you don't try NB Abbey while you are in Denver, you are a sinner in danger of the fires of Hell! Amazing how much better it tastes there.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Or Great Divide in Denver. Their Oatmeal Yeti Imperial Stout is reason enough to go there, especially if you can find it on draft with nitrogen.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't care for any of their stuff.

Check out Sam's No.3 for a good breakfast downtown. You could check out the Spyderco Factory Outlet in Golden if you're interested in knives. I was just in the Denver area for a week, but I don't have many suggestions for thing to do during the day or that don't involve alcohol.:):

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    If we are naming Denver area breweries... Left Hand.

Breckenridge Brewery tour in Littleton. Did that this past April after a ski trip...Way better than Coors.

Seeing how the OP can't really imbibe on this trip- There is a Sportsman's Warehouse near Thornton. Any time I am out there, I stop to take a look around.

My lunch pick when I'm out there is Smiling Moose Deli. There are several around the Denver area.

A little drive from Denver is Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave if you are interested in old west history. Lookout Mountain would be nice this time of year, I have only been in winter. At one vantage point you can look down on the town of Golden.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know that's a joke, but I have had several business trips to CO this summer and vacationed 10 days in Washington and Oregon. If you talk to the locals they will tell you that legalization has had no impact. The wheels aren't falling off in most places. And, the State is collecting buttloads of tax money.
    In Oregon and Washington, there were Pot Shops everywhere.

Hence, my suggestion for your down time.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Just head to the 16th Street Mall and watch the people. Then when the Martini Ranch opens, ask Chris for an Appletini. Hell, you won't have a care in the world after drinking one of them!

Top Bottom