• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was shooting some prvi partizan .380 ammo this evening and I had what appeared to be small brass flakes ejecting after each shot and hitting me in the face. When I clean the gun after shooting this particular ammo I see small brass flakes inside the gun. Is this normal? What causes it? It does not happen with winchester ammo. The gun is a smith and wesson bodyguard.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not uncommon for this to happen in new guns.

All the surfaces contacting the brass are still new & sharp; and so is the extractor claw.

This SHOULD wane after a "few hundred" rounds or so. IF it continues beyond this, then it may very well be that something's out of spec. and needs looked at.

-J-

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If the "flakes" of brass are coming from the cartridge casings you need to have it looked at. It's not normal and it isn't going to fix itself. Extractor hooks should not have any corners or edges sharp enough to remove brass from a cartridge. If it does eventually it's going to not feed or extract when you really need it to. The cases can be reloaded but any burrs on them will not help in the feeding process. Since you state it's only doing it with one type of ammo I would not buy that type any more.

Top Bottom