• ...and so much more!
  • AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    The Indiana bill is

DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!

Oh and did I say it is DEAD!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Legislation

Is this real? Copied this from Michigan Gun Owners site.
    As you've been told, HB 1260 is dead. I was among many who wrote to State Rep. Trent Van Haaften, who chairs the committee to which it was introduced, and Rep. Van Haaften specifically told me the bill would not get a hearing in his committee, and kept his word.

In the event that it does return this session or in the farther-off future, I will again be among those writing to stop it, and recommend that you and everyone else here and elsewhere do likewise.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Ghandi

Blessings,
    B

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    if they do with with brass then i guess you can go out and commit a crime and get away with it if your a reloader

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Well good. That was the first time I had seen it and did'nt know. Glad to hear it's dead. I'll let the guys north of here know also.Thanks guys. Later, Bob

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    For a while

if they do with with brass then i guess you can go out and commit a crime and get away with it if your a reloader

Even though the bill is dead (so I hear), it's a good idea to take a look at all it's provisions so you'll better know the enemy. I believe it also called for the destruction of any non-serialized ammo, commercially loaded or otherwise, within a certain time period after passage.

BTW, HB 1260 is dead! :)

DRob

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Urban goof from Indpls

I find it rather alarming and shameful that it was even introduced in Indiana.

Who's bright idea was it?

I'm thinking an urban legislator from pretty far north..........

Bill Crawford, Indpls Democrat, sponsored the bill. I'd be willing to bet it was spoon fed to him and probably to all the others who proposed it in other states as well.

DRob

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Bill Crawford, Indpls Democrat, sponsored the bill. I'd be willing to bet it was spoon fed to him and probably to all the others who proposed it in other states as well.

DRob

For info on Mr. Crawford, this site should help:

Project Vote Smart - Representative William A. 'Bill' Crawford - Biography

And here are his positions from 2002. He refused to take the Political Courage Test this year.

Project Vote Smart - Representative William A. 'Bill' Crawford - Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)

Dyed-in-the-wool statist lib.

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom