• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How closely does this description fit you?

• Total voters

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, Let's see...

• You are 21 or older (by more than double), wear your seatbelt (yes) and lock your car doors while driving (Depends - the Jeep may not have doors. Truck locks automatically).
    • Your primary reason for owning firearms is defense. (Check)
    • You own 5 or more firearms. (Lemme count - yep)
    • You are not a Democrat. (Check)
    • When you carry, you usually CC a medium frame (or larger) handgun in 9/40/45. (Nope. OC.)
    • When you carry a spare mag (and you usually do), the bullets face forward. (Nope)
    • You carry with one in the chamber. (Of course)
    • You do not carry a tertiary (i.e. third) gun. (Nope)

So, if I split the first one out to get to an even 10..... 6 of 10.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    • You are 21 or older,[STRIKE] wear your seatbelt and lock your car doors while driving.[/STRIKE]
    • Your primary reason for owning firearms is defense.
    • You own 5 or more firearms.
    • You are not a Democrat.
    • When you carry, you usually [STRIKE]CC[/STRIKE] a medium frame (or larger) handgun in 9/40/45.
    • When you carry a spare mag (and you usually do), the bullets face forward.
    • You carry with one in the chamber.
    • You do not carry a tertiary (i.e. third) gun.

For the most part, this fits.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    You are 21 or older (yup), wear your seatbelt (yup) and lock your car doors while driving (Nope, assuming the Jeep even has doors the windows are plastic).
    Your primary reason for owning firearms is defense. (I just like guns :dunno:)
    You own 5 or more firearms. (Nope, but working on it)
    You are not a Democrat. (Yup)
    When you carry, you usually CC a medium frame (or larger) handgun in 9/40/45. (Nope. OC.)
    When you carry a spare mag (and you usually do), the bullets face forward. (In pocket, so not really)
    You carry with one in the chamber. (Duh)
    You do not carry a tertiary (i.e. third) gun. (Nope)

So 4/10. Dang

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I drive a Jeep but the first thing I did when I got it home was remove the factory "seat belts" and install 4 point harnesses. The D.O.T approved "seat belt" with inertia reels will not keep you in the vehicle when the doors are removed. You will hang out the door opening. I see people wearing stock belts with no doors every day and I can't understand what they are thinking.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I drive a Jeep but the first thing I did when I got it home was remove the factory "seat belts" and install 4 point harnesses. The D.O.T approved "seat belt" with inertia reels will not keep you in the vehicle when the doors are removed. You will hang out the door opening. I see people wearing stock belts with no doors every day and I can't understand what they are thinking.

I've been driving doorless Jeeps for years and have never fallen out of one:dunno: The seatbelt also doesn't make me "hang out the door opening". The stock belts are actually very good at keeping you inside the vehicle.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Not if someone impacts you on the side. I never said the stock belt "makes you hang out the side opening". I said it won't keep you in the vehicle. The stock belts are almost worthless in any type of vehicle. Ever wonder why there is not one sanctioning racing organization in the world that will allow you to run with D.O.T. belts? Because they will not save you in a crash. Not on the track or on the street. I speak from experience having survived a couple of very bad crashes that totaled out my vehicle and several others. I am still in constant pain since 1975 from the first one. I was also involved in a frontal impact where the inertial reel failed and I ate the steering wheel. Having all of your front teeth replaced is not fun. The stock belts and inertia reels suck. They are convenient to use and allow you to move so you can reach your stereo and GPS but they will not keep you in the seat. More people have been injured by the stock belts than have been saved ( a fact they don't want you to know). There are documented crashes involving Jeeps where an occupant was left hanging out the door after a side impact and subsequently sustained even more injuries (like having their face ground off). If your Jeep lands upside down do you really believe the stock belt will keep you in the seat? The only reason that we have seat belt laws in this country is because the Federal Govt. blackmailed every State by threatening to withhold Federal highway funds if the laws were not passed. The Federal Govt. gave in to pressure from the insurance industry to force these laws on us. It was not about saving lives. It was about money. Always is. Just like with gun control. I apologize for hijacking this thread - this is just a very personal issue with me.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I must be one of the minorities here because I said no to most of these.

• You are 21 or older (yes), wear your seatbelt (no) and lock your car doors while driving (no).
    • Your primary reason for owning firearms is defense. (No. Target shooting was my primary reason, but carry daily now as it is my right and I just feel naked without my gun_
    • You own 5 or more firearms. (Personally - no but combined with my husband's, yes)
    • You are not a Democrat. (Yes)
    • When you carry, you usually CC a medium frame (or larger) handgun in 9/40/45. (Yes)
    • When you carry a spare mag (and you usually do), the bullets face forward. (No)
    • You carry with one in the chamber. (Yes)
    • You do not carry a tertiary (i.e. third) gun. (No)

RedTJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Lafayette area
    Lots of Jeep drivers....

You are 21 or older (Yup), wear your seatbelt (yes) and lock your car doors while driving (Jeep, no, well.. my knee hits the lock a lot on accident. Denali lock on their own. Does that really count?).
    Your primary reason for owning firearms is defense. (First was for sport, then for hunting, then for defense)
    You own 5 or more firearms. (So I do...)
    You are not a Democrat. (I'm not anything else either.)
    When you carry, you usually CC a medium frame (or larger) handgun in 9/40/45. (S&W Shield so, guess not)
    When you carry a spare mag (and you usually do), the bullets face forward. (Normally don't have an extra mag, bullets facing forward... huh?)
    You carry with one in the chamber. (I do now a days)
    You do not carry a tertiary (i.e. third) gun. (Nope)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Two vehicles we own lock the doors for you so there's no choice unless you want to be unlocking the doors all the time. I typically do not lock the doors, but then I drive a tall truck.

My primary reason is for fun and hunting with defense a close second...very close.

My magazine bullet noses go where my index finger goes.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Just for fun, on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being a perfect match), how closely does this description fit you?

• You are 21 or older, wear your seatbelt and lock your car doors while driving. YES
    • Your primary reason for owning firearms is defense. YES
    • You own 5 or more firearms. YES
    • You are not a Democrat. YES
    • When you carry, you usually CC a medium frame (or larger) handgun in 9/40/45. YES 9 & 45
    • When you carry a spare mag (and you usually do), the bullets face forward. NEVER
    • You carry with one in the chamber. YES Always
    • You do not carry a tertiary (i.e. third) gun. I plead the 5th .....

so there you have it .....

Top Bottom