• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Nah. Lost 4 starters and what, 50+ points a game? Who thought IU was going to be a contender this year? I think IU is playing like the young team that it is and is playing to the level of the competition instead of asserting their dominance.

Edit: I just finished watching the game. OUCH... So much for playing to the level of the competition.

Last edited:

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    Ok, now let's assume Noah jumps to the NBA. Even with Blackmon coming in, will we be much better without much of an inside game?
    If not, will the seat be warm then?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "The Movement"...has been flushed.

ku-xlarge.png

BGfxOfZCMAAKy2R.jpg:large

tom-crean-gif.gif

Hanner is going to be Creaned. Who else?

Attention Bloomington: Clown Shoes needs to go.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Tom Crean has one final four. He got there with Dwayne Wade. Wade was an overweight high schooler with offers from Marquette, Chicago State, and DePaul. Upon getting to the final four his Marquette team played one of the worst games in the history of the final four losing by 33 points. I am not saying he is a bad coach, but he is not "elite". Now whether IU could find someone better is up in the air.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I heard Brad Stevens is coming back to the collegiate ranks next year to coach Purdue.. Wait, no.. That was my dream the other night. Sorry! Haha

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    And who would IU get to replace him on top of the huge buyout it would cost ? I think they were told no by 3 others before they got the clown to say yes.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Crean took a job that would trash his string of 20+ win seasons. No one else was willing to take the hit. He has been good for a program that was in utter ruin.

I wonder what Shaka Smart could do with a program where he might be more apt to draw blue chippers?

GFGT, you can keep Cuonzo M. I would take D. Fife over him.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    There will be no issue with buying out Crean's contract. There are extremely well-heeled alumni standing by with checkbook in hand. The big question is whether or not they will be willing to buy out Brad Steven's contract also. Then there is IU alum Jim Crews who has the St Louis Billikens (WTH is a Billiken?) on a 17 game winning streak with Calbert Cheaney as one of his assistants. :dunno:

Edit: Shaka Smart! Now there's a thought. Oh, yeah. Crews's crew just beat VCU.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    bob-knight.jpg

Miss me yet?

:):

That's exactly the problem...

IU screwed Knight. It was a dirty deal when they fired him. It generated so much bad karma that they cannot get out from under it.

If IU wants to fix it's men's basketball program, they must make nice with Knight. I used to think they could rename Assembly Hall for Knight, but the Simon's bought that honor (IU being for sale, totally for sale).

Knight was an old school tough guy. It's not that they do not make them like that anymore, it's that they do not want them like that anymore.

Call me superstitious, but I firmly believe that IU won't get their program back on track until they make it right with Knight to the point that he comes back on campus and accepts the olive branch. If he dies before we make it right, you can just forget about it. If they don't make it right, IU will become one of those schools that "used to have a good basketball team".

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Knight is the one refusing to come back. I believe Crean tried to get him in there for recognition last year.

I suspect Knight would require more than an invitation to come back on campus. IU needs to do what it takes to make it happen.

[video=youtube_share;7Qxu5cvW-ds]http://youtu.be/7Qxu5cvW-ds[/video]

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Crean is a great recruiter, but he has no concept of X's and O's. He wins because he has amassed more talent than the other team. When players are pretty much equal, and the game comes down to coaching, IU is in deep trouble.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I do find it ironic that L. Fischer transferred to Marquette. I also hope that H. Perea's indefinite suspension due to arrest is not indicative of an issue prevalent throughout the program.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I agree he is a capable recruiter. The question that remains is whether he can develop the talent he has assembled. I see very mixed results so far.

Top Bottom