• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    How bad is this storm? I saw that it was downgraded to tropical storm but they are also showing some pretty bad pictures on the news.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How bad is this storm? I saw that it was downgraded to tropical storm but they are also showing some pretty bad pictures on the news.
    It hit as a Cat 1. Just a step above tropical storm. As for the news pictures, they'd hardly show the ones that didn't show no damage. Along the coast it's mostly just a wind and water event, nothing too serious. A few trees down, here and there and some flooding in low areas for the most part, from what I've read from local coast news sources. When I was a kid and lived on the coast, we never did anything for a storm of this level.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    A levee in an area outside of New Orleans did breach and it flooded homes with water high enough to put two story homes under water.

Braithwaite, la
    385992_10151035046431483_697533194_n.jpg

So far the levees in NOLA have held and there is only minor street flooding as far I have seen online. The levee that failed was an old levee that didn't get any work done after Katrina.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They stayed and were "rescued". I'm tired ofthe imagery of people being "saved" from areas they had no business being in.

this storm was rather tame, but the only hurricane in 4 years there so gotta build it up

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    They stayed and were "rescued". I'm tired ofthe imagery of people being "saved" from areas they had no business being in.

this storm was rather tame, but the only hurricane in 4 years there so gotta build it up
    The storm was tame but the amount of rainfall they were expecting from it moving only 6mph was impressive as hell.

Top Bottom