• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Alright I'm looking into doing my first AR build (556), but the catch is my new job is in Illinois and they're commies. So I guess I'm looking into getting at least the lower receiver asap. A friend told me about a system that when you pull the trigger it shoots normally and when the trigger is released it sends another one down range. Does this require a three position lower? And if it does does it require a tax stamp?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Binary Firing System Trigger Pack ? Franklin Armory
    No stamp needed. They also don't list IL as a place they can't sell to.

One thing on those binaries that makes me nervous. Make sure there is a way to prevent that second round on the trigger's return from firing. Can you put it on safe with the trigger back and it not send that second round downrange? Here is why; You are shooting on the outdoor range and as you squeeze off the first round someone (maybe you) notices a hiker appear downrange (or insert any other safety issue) and an immediate cease fire is called. You indeed cease fire, but now you have a hand grenade of sorts in your hands since the trigger is still back and if you let go another round will fire when it is unsafe. How can you release that trigger safely without sending a round into a dangerous situation?

Just my :twocents:

If I wanted a cool toy to :spend: on ammo, I'd buy a gat crank instead. At least with that one, if you stop cranking you dont have to worry about unwanted rounds going off.
    Two Z Precision | GatCrank 15

/threadjack

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Thanks Long Coat I couldn't remember for the life of me what it was called. Would you know if it can be used in a three position lower so it can be safe-semi-binary? And Cameramonkey that's a great point and I would really hope it will function how you described.

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Just read over the binary trigger and it says you CAN negate the second round by switching the selector to semi before releasing the trigger.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    IMO- Interesting but looks more like a solution looking for a problem. Buy the crank as the Monkey says...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    IMO- Interesting but looks more like a solution looking for a problem. Buy the crank as the Monkey says...

Oh, and it has been demonstrated the binary system can VERY easily outrun the bolt, causing a misfire due to the hammer riding the bolt down. I dont think they thought it through. (but I give them an E for effort.)

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    very interesting, however I see it as a very bad idea.
    It did get me thinking though. I have a release for my bow where you pull the trigger to hold the string, then let off the trigger to release the string. While I fail to see the real advantage of that setup (on the bow its kinda cool), I'm sure someone would buy it (Only firing on the release that is..).

Top Bottom