• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    I am sure you will be happy with the Glock, I was just curious as to why ISP administration seems to focusing on the .45 round. As I understand it you guys are also going to be provided a list of approved carry firearms. Is that going to be instead of the Glock 21, or is it going to be in addition to it (for example BUG/Off Duty Firearms)?

Yes, there is 6 or so on the list. If you chose to purchase your own, you will not be issued a Glock. Bad thing is, if you are invilved in a shooting, your gun will be tied up in evidence for years and years. Also, you have to purchase your own duty holster and mag pouches.

swat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Martinsville
    Yes, there is 6 or so on the list. If you chose to purchase your own, you will not be issued a Glock. Bad thing is, if you are invilved in a shooting, your gun will be tied up in evidence for years and years. Also, you have to purchase your own duty holster and mag pouches.

Well at least they are giving the guys an option, in case they don't like the Glock. I would like to see ISP start providing weapon mounted lights and the appropriate holsters for Glock 21. It would also be nice if ISP Administration would start providing you guys with Tasers, and patrol rifles. I realize you can purchase your own, but that out-of-pocket expense can get a little pricey.

troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    Well at least they are giving the guys an option, in case they don't like the Glock. I would like to see ISP start providing weapon mounted lights and the appropriate holsters for Glock 21. It would also be nice if ISP Administration would start providing you guys with Tasers, and patrol rifles. I realize you can purchase your own, but that out-of-pocket expense can get a little pricey.

I agree but i understand due to costs. They were going to upgrade our shotguns last year to benelli, but had to use the money for vests.

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Are these going to be offered to the public? Or would they have to be transferred to a FFL? Kiesler's website says they do not sell to the public, only LEO, military, etc.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Does anyone know the story behind the switch from the G17 to G21?

. A friend of mine who is about to graduate from ILEA and join ISP offered me one of these pistols and explained that the story they're getting at the academy is that the primary reason is concern about safety -- they talked about the higher speeds of modern 9mm defensive ammo and the odds of over-penetration. I know, don't bother lecturing me, just passing on what I was told, and believe that's what he was told. He is not a gun lover or Internet gun expert, he was just regurgitating what he was told at ILEA.

troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    Are these going to be offered to the public? Or would they have to be transferred to a FFL? Kiesler's website says they do not sell to the public, only LEO, military, etc.

I would assume transferred to a local FFL. Im not sure, was just posting a heads up for those interested.

troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    . A friend of mine who is about to graduate from ILEA and join ISP offered me one of these pistols and explained that the story they're getting at the academy is that the primary reason is concern about safety -- they talked about the higher speeds of modern 9mm defensive ammo and the odds of over-penetration. I know, don't bother lecturing me, just passing on what I was told, and believe that's what he was told. He is not a gun lover or Internet gun expert, he was just regurgitating what he was told at ILEA.

Not sure about that story he gave you, but in some of the past officer involved shootings, it took alot of rounds to stop some individuals. (high or psychotic i would guess) and they decided to look into different rounds. That is what I heard.

When you say "offered you one of these pistols" what do you mean ?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Not sure about that story he gave you, but in some of the past officer involved shootings, it took alot of rounds to stop some individuals. (high or psychotic i would guess) and they decided to look into different rounds. That is what I heard.

When you say "offered you one of these pistols" what do you mean ?

"Hey, you're into guns, want an ISP Glock 9mm? ISP is going to switch to .45s and we're going to be able to buy some. I can get you one, if you want one." May be a tiny bit off, but that was the point of it.

Top Bottom