• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Transition went smoothly with zero malfunctions. The gun shot perfectly and it is actually easier to perform one-handed malfunction drills with than the 17. Don't ask me why, but that was my impression.

The only problem is that I need more .45 caliber ammo now.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I'm really surprised that ISP went with .45 acp considering the so called budget constraints. If you look at the price of the guns [even after trade in], the price of replacing holsters, ammo pouches and the higher cost of .45 acp ammo, that's a pretty substantial investment.

Will detectives and undercovers transition to Glock 30s?

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I'm really surprised that ISP went with .45 acp considering the so called budget constraints. If you look at the price of the guns [even after trade in], the price of replacing holsters, ammo pouches and the higher cost of .45 acp ammo, that's a pretty substantial investment.

Only if we buy them. The Glock 21 is the only issued weapon.

logain

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Fishers

Have to wait and see what the next superintendent wants to do. He could change us back to the 17s or to a entirely different gun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was wondering about that too, but the Gen 4 feels great in the hand. It feels better than my 21SF even. We don't have any women at our post.

Would the gen 4 17 feel different than earlier generations? I am looking for a 9mm polymer for competition and so far, I have shot a G17, Ruger SR9 and M&P. The Glock was an older one that was in pretty rough shape and the sights were off. I shot poorly with that compared to the Ruger and M&P. AM I not giving the Glock a fair shake?

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Would the gen 4 17 feel different than earlier generations? I am looking for a 9mm polymer for competition and so far, I have shot a G17, Ruger SR9 and M&P. The Glock was an older one that was in pretty rough shape and the sights were off. I shot poorly with that compared to the Ruger and M&P. AM I not giving the Glock a fair shake?

Get an M&P Pro.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area

I have a gen 4 Glock 23 also. I prefer the feel of the gen 4 frames over all other grips. Just me.

Top Bottom