• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "Israeli carry" is a great way to carry - if you have ample warning that you may need to use your firearm.

It is my understanding that they no longer carry in this manner, but I may be mistaken. (More training, and a much more narrow TOE and not a hodgepodge of weapons platforms)

It's an absolutely horrible method of carry if you don't know when you may have to use your firearm.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It is my understanding that they no longer carry in this manner, but I may be mistaken.

I have one just assigned in Zahal. She says it depends on one's gig.

She was issued a Jericho, but it is still a gun collector's paradise, especially in the "rear".

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    "Israeli carry" is a great way to carry - if you have ample warning that you may need to use your firearm.

It is my understanding that they no longer carry in this manner, but I may be mistaken. (More training, and a much more narrow TOE and not a hodgepodge of weapons platforms)

It's an absolutely horrible method of carry if you don't know when you may have to use your firearm.
    I saw recent footage of someone in the IDF getting into an altercation with two others. When they got a little too close he racked the Tavor he was carrying, so maybe it's still in place for their rifles while they transition from one platform to another

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I saw recent footage of someone in the IDF getting into an altercation with two others. When they got a little too close he racked the Tavor he was carrying, so maybe it's still in place for their rifles while they transition from one platform to another

Something else to keep in mind is that these folks are, for the most part, operating as a reaction force in a civilian environment.

The pro-active forces doing the actual fighting...they aren't waiting to chamber a round.

Top Bottom