• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amorrisfarm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I have a .177 cal RWS Model 34 air rifle. It is about 5 years old and at one time was very accurate. About a year and a half ago I got it out and could not hit anything with it. The factory scope had other issues, so I replaced the scope with a new one designed for air rifles and bore sighted the rifle. I have never been able to get a consistent group out that scope. So I went back to the iron sights, still no luck. Thinking I forgot how to shoot, I got out my .22 magnum. It was not me.
    I have checked and rechecked all the nuts and bolts. The barrel pivot is as tight as it has ever been. Do any of you guys have any ideas ?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have a .177 cal RWS Model 34 air rifle. It is about 5 years old and at one time was very accurate. About a year and a half ago I got it out and could not hit anything with it. The factory scope had other issues, so I replaced the scope with a new one designed for air rifles and bore sighted the rifle. I have never been able to get a consistent group out that scope. So I went back to the iron sights, still no luck. Thinking I forgot how to shoot, I got out my .22 magnum. It was not me.
    I have checked and rechecked all the nuts and bolts. The barrel pivot is as tight as it has ever been. Do any of you guys have any ideas ?

Have you cleaned the barrel?

Springers are hold sensitive; maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLed_nD5ixA

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Many people think just because it doesn't use gunpowder that you don't have to clean air rifles. I have found they get pretty dirty from the lead pellets.
    I have several air rifles including a RWS Mdl 48 in .25 cal, a Daisy Discovery in 22 cal, and a couple crossmans pump style and never experienced any problems.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Have the barrel checked for straight and true. One nasty side affect of break barrel air guns is the fact that one slip with the barrel snapping back uncontrolled can bend a barrel. Doesn't have to be you that did it, one person handling it without knowledge or permission can cause damage and never know it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have cleaning wads for my .22 air rifle, just fire one through after every session. That should keep it pretty well.

MarkRW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    If it's not your hold or various loose screws it could be as simple as the quality of your pellets and how you are seating them or your breech seal o-ring.

I find the RWS or H&N pellets to be far superior to Crossman or Daisy.

Top Bottom