• ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Hi all.

What a day.

To day I went out and picked up the mail. I went through it when I got back to the house to find a letter from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

It said that my driving privileges have been suspended by the Gibson County Clerk. Reason for suspension, Seat Belt Violation.

Only problem is I have never been to Gibson County. No I have never been stopped by an officer in Princeton Indiana. Yet they have my drivers license. My truck license number. The only thing they got wrong is the color of the truck. They said it is white and it is silver.

I called them and talked with the prosecutor he said he world talk with the officer that gave out the ticket and get back to me.

It isn't the problem of paying the ticket. That is only $25.00. The problem is how did they come up with the information they have. They didn't get it from me.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    If you were issued a ticket, then your sig will be on the ticket, or the officer would have stated that you refused to sign..

I'd ask for a copy of the ticket..

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    good luck, and i would fight the ticket, and suspension of your license. I would say to make sure it gets done right away. Find out how you supposedly got this ticket, and go from there.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    You might want to consider contacting your insurance company. A lot of non-risk auto companies will cancel your coverage as soon as they are notified that your license is suspended.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not know if they have them by you, but is it possibly an automatic camera ticket? I had the something strange happen with a toll plaza camera. They had my wifes car picture and they kept sending tickets from a toll booth really far from where we would ever go. I was getting pretty concerned when she would say she was somewhere and the date on the ticket said she was somewhere else. One of the tickets was issued during the time I was driving her car in a completely different state. I didn't like getting the ticket, but at least I know if was fraud on their part, not hers.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all.

What a day.

To day I went out and picked up the mail. I went through it when I got back to the house to find a letter from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

It said that my driving privileges have been suspended by the Gibson County Clerk. Reason for suspension, Seat Belt Violation.

Only problem is I have never been to Gibson County. No I have never been stopped by an officer in Princeton Indiana. Yet they have my drivers license. My truck license number. The only thing they got wrong is the color of the truck. They said it is white and it is silver.

I called them and talked with the prosecutor he said he world talk with the officer that gave out the ticket and get back to me.

It isn't the problem of paying the ticket. That is only $25.00. The problem is how did they come up with the information they have. They didn't get it from me.

Get a hold of Kirk Freeman here on INGO. He used to be a prosecutor.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sounds to me like, perhaps 1 transposed number (Either on Lic plate or DL#) caused a snafu.

I hope you can get it taken care of quickly!

(on a related note, a co-worker of mine recently got a letter from ISP telling him that his LTCH is void now because investigation has concluded that he is no longer a proper person....only problem is that it's some other DB who is causing my co-worker issues. My co-worker had to get a UPIN from the BATEFEeieieo due to purchase issues, even)

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Had the same happen to me, a parking ticket from Muncie, have never been to Muncie in my life and don't plan on going there. They finally dropped it and all it cost me was a couple of phone calls.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    This happened to me once. The police officer in another county trans posed license plate numbers which happened to match mine. I called and explained the situation and provided my information and it was resolved.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I had a similar situation happen to me a couple years back, took two freakin months and probably fifty phone calls to get it straightened out. Good luck and I hope that yours goes much smoother than mine did

troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    If you were issued a ticket, then your sig will be on the ticket, or the officer would have stated that you refused to sign..

I'd ask for a copy of the ticket..

Most agencies use electronic tickets now, those times of signing tickets are gone. To the OP, I would ask how the tickets was issued (paper copy or electronic) it is probably a mix up with the DL number due to poor handwriting or mistyped on a keyboard. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom