• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Words from our old friend Churchmouse:

“Stock up. When its cheap stock up. Don't buy just enough ammo for 1 range trip. Stock up. I know some folks are struggling right now and budgets are tight but we just went through a big time price lull so really, do what you can to stock up and don't shoot up everything you have and wonder what just happened.”

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Words from our old friend Churchmouse:

“Stock up. When its cheap stock up. Don't buy just enough ammo for 1 range trip. Stock up. I know some folks are struggling right now and budgets are tight but we just went through a big time price lull so really, do what you can to stock up and don't shoot up everything you have and wonder what just happened.”
    We think prices are as good as they will get? It’s a Gamble either way you go about it. But to soon you literally don’t get as much bang for your buck…. To late and you get no bang at all…. Or very little bang for the same buck.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We think prices are as good as they will get? It’s a Gamble either way you go about it. But to soon you literally don’t get as much bang for your buck…. To late and you get no bang at all…. Or very little bang for the same buck.
    Probably not at the low, but certainly under the cost averaging average. So I see it as a time to stock up at below average pricing which is my target as the low is an elusive creature.

We all had unbelievable opportunities available in November of 2019 and no idea they would be gone completely in a few months.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Probably not at the low, but certainly under the cost averaging average. So I see it as a time to stock up at below average pricing which is my target as the low is an elusive creature.

We all had unbelievable opportunities available in November of 2019 and no idea they would be gone completely in a few months.
    Some of us saw covid coming (didn't think the impact would be as big as it was) and stocked up then.

The $170 case of 9mm is now down to $260 and considered a hell of a deal.

If you have the funds and the room...now is the time to stock up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When it is convenient/affordable I always buy new ammo for a range trip, either twice what I'll shoot or the make twice amount I'll shoot if shooting my own reloads. That way the stockpile increases and the expense has positive feedback from the joy of shooting

I usually don't shoot more than 150 r
    ds (200-250 total if I take a rifle) so it isn't really that difficult. Might be harder if I was shooting twice that

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    I've been following that advice for a few years. I never buy a ton, a few boxes here and there for a few years ads up.
    Every now and then I buy a case of bulk stuff that I shoot.
    Same here. Before Walmart lost their minds, every time you went to Walmart, always pick up a couple boxes of this or that. The days of yore...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I usually stock pile components and load my own as I need it then shoot it.
    I usually only buy ammunition when it's a really good deal and stock up on it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Are you primarily looking on line or Brick and Mortar seems like physical stores are still hit or miss on pricing.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I do like PPU ammo. Serbian plant, and they make good high quality brass ammo.. often in wackball calibers, or weird loadings. They were one of the first to load the M2 ball commercially.

Good to hear.

I've been accumulating brass for some time....I should probably start hand loading it after this.

Top Bottom