• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    What items would you take on vac for SHTF? I'll be driving about 900 miles away for vac. limited space for extra gear. I think a small back pack for stuff is all I'll have room for.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Depends on where you are going, who you will be with and what you'll be doing.

For me, when we go on spring break for example. I bring EDC stuff like G19, spare mag, light, OC and knife. But I pack a Maxpedition Fatboy with the following: 2 more G19 mags, J frame w/ 2 speed strips, headlamp w/ extra batteries, blow out kit, admin kit, 2 door stops, nomex gloves, pocket CS, Surefire, survival kit, multitool, water, power bars. In the bottom of the trunk goes my soft armor and an M6 scout. In the door goes another blow out kit, gloves, OC. The car already has survival gear, tools etc.

Thats it. Enough to survive on vacation. I also set up safe houses as part of my route/advnace work and set it up with those people that if the SHTF, I can show up there. I always have one at destination. Also, for destination, download google sat pics, and mark them up, make note of medical facilities, police dept, get names, numbers of above and so on. Drive by them, get eyes on so you know how to get there and how they are laid out. Solid advance work. If you are traveling with family. THEY are your VIPs. Treat them as such.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Make sure you know all of the gun laws in all of the states you are traveling through. Our spring break last year I mapped the route as WETSU said and then added to the folder a copy of each state and local gun laws so I was informed. Each time I approched a state line my navigator pulled the file and refreshed my memory. Some states may acknowledge our LTCH but they say you must have your hand gun conceled in the car, some say no bars, etc.

Educate, plan, review, execute..

Concealed Carry Permit Information By State

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Find out any info about the building/hotel/condo you are staying at. What floor you will be on and any exit routes there are that may not be marked well. Rope is another thing I bring. We stayed on the 14th floor and I want to be able to lower my family if exits are not reachable due to fire or whatever.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Find out any info about the building/hotel/condo you are staying at. What floor you will be on and any exit routes there are that may not be marked well. Rope is another thing I bring. We stayed on the 14th floor and I want to be able to lower my family if exits are not reachable due to fire or whatever.

If you plan well ahead, try to get the second floor. Up off the ground is better for crime, and a 8-10 foot drop wont kill you in a fire.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I suggest paper copies of important documents in a secure box and a thumb drive with all the files scanned and such..

Make sure you have medical insurance info, any medication info, any allergies, etc all somewhere safe.. Also consider a contact in case of emergency list. Let your family know where you are, and check in regularly with someone who can notify the authorities in a particular area if you don't check in. Get local numbers for appropriate agencies along your trip.

Know where hospitals and clinics are and which accept your insurance in case of emergency or other injury..

Just some thoughts..

TJ

Top Bottom