• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    At least, that's what the media would have you believe.

Romney won Iowa and New Hampshire, so this train can't be stopped.

The problem is, the caboose hasn't even cleared the station on this cross-country journey.

You see, even though Mitt won Iowa, he is guaranteed none of her 28 delegates; they are unbound.

As of this morning, Romney has 7 delegates, Paul has 3, and Huntsman has 2. This is out of 1144 required to win the Republican nomination.

In other words, Romney has 1137 to go for the win, Paul needs 1141, and Huntsman is a mere 1142 shy; hardly an open and shut case.

You will, however, continue to be told of the inevitability of a Romney nomination by nearly every media outlet.

Sadly, based on the way many Americans seem to treat primaries like horse races where the betting windows are open well into the race, it is probably Romney's to lose.

If you're interested in keeping track yourself, check out this page for the breakdown of each state's delegate count and manner of award: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/R-Del.phtml?sort=t

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It was over before it even started. It's all about money and Romney has more money in his coffers than all of them combined, plus he has been campaigning for the last 8 years.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    At least, that's what the media would have you believe.

Romney won Iowa and New Hampshire, so this train can't be stopped.

The problem is, the caboose hasn't even cleared the station on this cross-country journey.

You see, even though Mitt won Iowa, he is guaranteed none of her 28 delegates; they are unbound.

As of this morning, Romney has 7 delegates, Paul has 3, and Huntsman has 2. This is out of 1144 required to win the Republican nomination.

In other words, Romney has 1137 to go for the win, Paul needs 1141, and Huntsman is a mere 1142 shy; hardly an open and shut case.

You will, however, continue to be told of the inevitability of a Romney nomination by nearly every media outlet.

Sadly, based on the way many Americans seem to treat primaries like horse races where the betting windows are open well into the race, it is probably Romney's to lose.

If you're interested in keeping track yourself, check out this page for the breakdown of each state's delegate count and manner of award: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/R-Del.phtml?sort=t

Great information! I'll be checking back on this site.

I for one, am quite tired of the MSM telling us who is "electable" and who is not. Last I checked, Ron Paul won twelve (12) elections for Congress, so who is the MSM (who have not won elections) to tell us that he cannot be elected? Essentially, the media wants to pick the candidates so that either statist pig they select continues the anti-liberty agenda of the globalists.

Like Paul or not, he is not a globalist and he will not follow that agenda, which IMO is why he has been deemed "unelectable."

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Possible, but could it also be that Paul is just being honest. As far as the candidates go the only one I believe to be somewhat honest is Paul.

I agree. I think Dr. Paul wants to focus on the issues that really matter. He defended Cain when he was under fire also. I know it's not necessarily the same, but it isn't something that Romney should be under fire for. Seems to me like Dr. Paul defended capitalism by defending Romney.

Edit: Just struck me to add this: It isn't like Dr. Paul to do something with a hidden motive. He typically does/says things because he believes it's right.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i too think its over, and that it prolly was over a long time ago, i'm not happy about it, romney certainly isnt my choice but i'll vote for him to get obama out.

having said that i dont think i will ever feel dirtier than i did voting for McCain...........

jake

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    i too think its over, and that it prolly was over a long time ago, i'm not happy about it, romney certainly isnt my choice but i'll vote for him to get obama out.

having said that i dont think i will ever feel dirtier than i did voting for McCain...........

jake

Agreed. Romney isn't ideal, but he's certainly better than Obama.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Ron Paul will be in it until the end. I don't think it's over by any stretch. Great find OP. Rep inbound.

Dr Paul recently won the straw poll in Idaho which carries more delegates than Iowa and NH. That won't be until March but if he can keep it up until then, he's going to be a force!

I'm hearing there will be 2 SCOTUS justices appointed during the next Presidential term. Who better than a constitutionalist to be the one nominating those judges for ratification? Especially considering the 2a as an individual right was upheld 5/4. Can we be certain that ole Mittens will make the right choices?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Agreed. Romney isn't ideal, but he's certainly better than Obama.

I'm just curious and not being a jerk, in what ways do you think Romney is better than Obama? In fact, in what ways is he different?

Big govt? Same
    Spending? Same
    2a? Only marginally better I guess but historically anti-2a (note he became a lifetime NRA member recently like that's fooling anyone)
    Military Spending? Same

I'm just curious. I haven't heard a satisfyingly factual answer to this yet.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Great information! I'll be checking back on this site.

I for one, am quite tired of the MSM telling us who is "electable" and who is not. Last I checked, Ron Paul won twelve (12) elections for Congress, so who is the MSM (who have not won elections) to tell us that he cannot be elected? Essentially, the media wants to pick the candidates so that either statist pig they select continues the anti-liberty agenda of the globalists.

Like Paul or not, he is not a globalist and he will not follow that agenda, which IMO is why he has been deemed "unelectable."

Well said.

Top Bottom