• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Considering that commiefornia already has energy problems, it never ceases to amaze me that they continue to cut off body parts to stop the bleeding.

First it is the finger tip because of a hangnail, then cut the finger off because the tip is bleeding, then the hand off because the hand is bleeding, then at the elbow, then....

Unfortunately the rest of the country is going to bleed to death because of these idiots. Like others have said, regardless as to how stupid they are, they are one state and part of these United States and as such will not be allowed to fail, no matter how much blood has to be shed, real or imaginary.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That's my point. No one, especially the Federal government is going to let them fail.
    They're already failing, along with Illinois and many other states. This really won't make a bit of difference in that equation. It might serve to speed things up, but the final result is writ in stone already.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am OK with CA killing ITS economy. Let them drive business out of the state. Those jobs are more than welcome here and in other states I'm sure. As far as I am concerned that state can't fall into the ocean soon enough.

The problem is that once the host is destroyed, the viruses infecting that state will simply flee to another victim and attempt to infect it/them with the same ills.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Cap and Trade for chemicals has been in LA for years, I remember all the issues that anybody who used solvents had with it. The result was exactly as expected, some industry left for good, some reduced thier emissions by changing process and passed those costs incured on to thier customers. Others bought emissions and also passed on costs.

The real winners were local political sharpies with connections and inside info on the law, who bought up the VOC emissions of business that were closing or moving and then resold them at huge profits to people who had to have them. These costs were of course passed on to people like you and me. After kicking back to thier government buddies these people made millions overnight.

Cap and Trade is just another totally corrupt enviroscheme that provides a niagra of cash for the politically connected at the expense of everybody else. It is a lie told to justify theft.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    8th largest economy...and how much of what they produce (dollar value) do they spend on utterly ridiculous bullcrap? If they produce 10% of the GDP but suck away 15% to pay for their stupidity, it's still -5%.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    8th largest economy...and how much of what they produce (dollar value) do they spend on utterly ridiculous bullcrap? If they produce 10% of the GDP but suck away 15% to pay for their stupidity, it's still -5%.

Excellent point, sir! +1 to ya!

Opops! I have to Obama my points around some first.

Last edited:

pitbull88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    West Lafayette, IN
    I don't get it

They're already failing, along with Illinois and many other states. This really won't make a bit of difference in that equation. It might serve to speed things up, but the final result is writ in stone already.

Right you are. Businesses are fleeing Illinois and California, shrinking their tax base, and setting up shop in Texas. So, let's make it harder to do business...yeah, that's the ticket. The brain drain will have a permanent, lasting effect.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    Darn it seems as if the same people that came up with the "Fast and Furious" program have worked out a plan for California!!!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Right you are. Businesses are fleeing Illinois and California, shrinking their tax base, and setting up shop in Texas. So, let's make it harder to do business...yeah, that's the ticket. The brain drain will have a permanent, lasting effect.

A matter of time before they implode. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

I, for one, fully support a faster destruction of their economy. :yesway: They were going to do it anyway: I might as well bear the burden of paying for the morons instead of my children or grandchildren.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    The trouble is they will be here eventually will all their crazy regulations. They can't ever figure out that things they do are destructive to their own state and keep getting naive sheep to go along with them. I am telling you 4 more years of our current administration and we will have nothing left including our bill of rights. The trouble is they will make it part of a bureau or something with regulations that never have to go before Congress and can't be taken before the courts so we are in trouble. So far all this talk about being green is only making things much more expensive.

Top Bottom