• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/su...1&spJobID=321066096&spReportId=MzIxMDY2MDk2S0

While I agree with the overall idea of this article I also believe that carrying a gun can be comfortable with the correct gear. yea its a little more difficult if you're trying to do it concealed but it can still be done. Regardless if its comfortable or not the last line of the article is something I wish all responsible gun owners would do all the time. Just freaking carry!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I liked the article. With a good belt, and a good quality holster, you can EDC a large gun (Glock 19 size) in any hot temperature. And still be comfortable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I never really have found it all that uncomfortable to carry. There's a transition period but it's never really that bad. That being said, if I have to do a lot of heavy work or crawl around under a car or something like that, then yeah it can be a pain.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Always seemed to me that some of the state level carry restrictions were most responsible for making carry uncomfortable.

Think about it: Wisconsin prohibited concealment for so many years in a state where the winters are brutal. Texas and Florida, two of the hottest states, still prohibit unconcealed carry.

How that ever made sense to anyone in those states (or still makes sense) is beyond me.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Carrying a firearm to me is just something that you grow accustomed to. It's a different feeling at first, kinda like wearing a wedding ring, but you get used to it after a short while. Then it feels weird if you don't have it on you

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I carry daily. I get sweat, dust, dirt, saw dust and who knows what else on my pretty pistol.

Every once in a while I stop and clean it just because it looks so bad. I enjoy shooting it, and do so when it is filthy, just to make sure it will always work as needed, when needed.

Fat guy on a construction site makes for a lot of nasty on the gun. I still bump it once in a while because I don't fit through things as well as I used to. I will admit to unstrapping while I was laying carpet a few months back. Knee kicking was just getting to be a bit too much. It was still with me, just not on me.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    USCCA is top notch on info on many subjects and gear. I have their insurance that came with my platinum membership (Guy Relford). They are by far my best resource to carry handgun that I have. For those in the know the 'it's not supposed to be comfortable' is part of a Clint Smith saying at Thunder Ranch. Terrific foe the EDC person, as we should be.

Top Bottom