• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    Wow..$150 fine if caught? Apparently if you're caught with one, you'd be lucky not to be shot to death by the CPD. Seems like if you had guns pulled on you by police you'd be following they're directions to a T, in order to not get shot, especially if you had a BB gun because you wouldn't expect the attention. Then again though, this is the world we live in..:facepalm:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I'm sure this is because of Airsoft assault rifles that they created this law. How about instead if restricting rights, that they just tell people to stop calling the police when children are playing?

If they were pistol size toys then people would see them and think "there is a boy with a toy gun". If they (old women) see a "black gun" they'd think "that boy has a gun like those school shooters, I better call police before the whole town is shot up, them there is a weapon of mass destruction, Obama say so".

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I kinda agree with it...people who can buy and "carry" those aren't responsible enough to handle a real or fake gun with safety in mind.

My parents had neighbors that would go around with their bb gun and shoot at random things....fence, cats, dogs, cars, windows, kid's face. Yes, the neighbor did all of those things and went to jail for a while. Oddly enough, they were related to some woman who either works in the police dept or City Hall, and cops were on a know-name basis with a couple of these troubled kids.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I kinda agree with it...people who can buy and "carry" those aren't responsible enough to handle a real or fake gun with safety in mind.

My parents had neighbors that would go around with their bb gun and shoot at random things....fence, cats, dogs, cars, windows, kid's face. Yes, the neighbor did all of those things and went to jail for a while. Oddly enough, they were related to some woman who either works in the police dept or City Hall, and cops were on a know-name basis with a couple of these troubled kids.
    This is why they did it. they had a string of calls of kids shooting at moving cars. so instead of punishing the kids they banned BB guns.

Columbus considers ban on BB guns, other toy rifles - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

missed that the ordinance only applies to children under 18. But, the parents pay the fine.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow......... :n00b:

I understand the concern.... but for Christ's sake, PUNISH the kids that are doing it!!!

This is only on a smaller scale of the same scare all of us gun owners are concerned about as far as weapon bans goes.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

We have that problem a lot.

While I don't condone a ban on toys, the area I work has a different issue with BB and Airsoft guns. A lot of the kids are carrying them around in their waistbands.

Years ago that may have not been an issue and if a kid was thirteen or so and had one, everyone would have just assumed it was a toy. That isn't so anymore. Most of our shots fired and shooting calls are because of juveniles in ages ranging from around thirteen to around twenty. Now we have these same kids and their friends carrying around (and often robbing people with or just pointing them at random people) Airsoft guns with the orange tips removed or painted black.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Hmm...So, instead of just keeping people under 18 from using any type of air gun, they wrote it so NOBODY can use one. And you're right, this is a small gun ban like DiFi and the others would like to do on a larger scale.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    We have that problem a lot.

While I don't condone a ban on toys, the area I work has a different issue with BB and Airsoft guns. A lot of the kids are carrying them around in their waistbands.

Years ago that may have not been an issue and if a kid was thirteen or so and had one, everyone would have just assumed it was a toy. That isn't so anymore. Most of our shots fired and shooting calls are because of juveniles in ages ranging from around thirteen to around twenty. Now we have these same kids and their friends carrying around (and often robbing people with or just pointing them at random people) Airsoft guns with the orange tips removed or painted black.

If thugs are carrying around airsoft and trying to rob people it sounds like a win-win situation to me, thug gets shot and no danger to the good guys.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    True. Challenge it for us :)

I've been tempted to. I have an airsoft that looks like a Baretta, no orange tip.

I'm over 18, have a Larry, and can carry any handgun I darn well please.

"Sorry, officer, this isn't a gun, it's an airsoft. No, I'm not breaking the law, or the new ordinance. No, I'm not going to show you my ID, give you my name, or anything else. Am I being detained? You may now go pound sand."

Top Bottom