It's Official! Gary Johnson Is The Libertarian Presidential Candidate.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Like what? They're all pretty well spelled out in the party platform and have been for years.
    I agree. If the party "seems" like it's all over the place it is just because it is made up of real individuals, and not a herd that is likely to dart about trusting that their leader is the only who knows where the predators are hiding.:twocents:

Jarrell I'll be proud to share my roll of tinfoil with you anytime.:rockwoot:

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Looks like I know who I'm voting for. Used to only vote Republican, voted Barr in '08 (sorry, Palin just scared the holy hell out of me). Republicans really don't represent my personal views anymore. Voted Ellsworth in 2010, too. NRA rating is pretty important, because if they can't trust an armed populace, then IMO they have no respect for the rest of our rights, either.

Plus, it's good to see that he doesn't give a crap against gay marriage. Not that it's my cup of tea, just don't want the gov't wasting time and money on legislating what people do in the privacy of their homes.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Good news! Gary Johnson has my vote if our man Paul can't pull off a magic trick at the convention.

I've also been told by 16 various friends and family members that they will vote for GJ if RP isn't on the ballot instead of voting for Romney.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Good for them! I can't stand it when people vote for someone based on their "electability" instead of their convictions, or just because he's not the other guy. And then they wonder why we can't good people in office.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Good for them! I can't stand it when people vote for someone based on their "electability" instead of their convictions, or just because he's not the other guy. And then they wonder why we can't good people in office.

That's sorta how each individual conversation went. Lead them to the water. It's cool when the light goes on and it's all over their faces.

We'll see if they follow through on it. It's their vote and all, best we can do is inform and arouse interest.

Yep, I said arouse. :yesway:

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Don't be a sheep. If you want freedoms guaranteed by the US Constitution (speech, bearing arms, due process, etc.), if you want the Federal government out of your bedroom, and the troops back at home, don't vote for Obama OR Romney. Look at a Libertarian. Look at Gary Johnson.

Just posted that on facebook (along with a link to Johnson's page). Hopefully my friends will take some time and visit his page, maybe the light bulb will come on for them too.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    576820_373748702660284_100000754711742_953267_231625295_n.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Serious question: is he actually going to be on Indiana's ballot?
    Yes. The LPIN has ballot access in Indiana and Johnson is their candidate, so he'll be on the ballot. Only 3 parties have ballot access in Indiana. The LP, the gop and the dems. No other parties candidates will be on the ballot.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yes. The LPIN has ballot access in Indiana and Johnson is their candidate, so he'll be on the ballot. Only 3 parties have ballot access in Indiana. The LP, the gop and the dems. No other parties candidates will be on the ballot.

So that's automatic ballot access? No signatures needed?

I know I've seen LP candidates before, but wasn't sure what procedure was for access.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

I know I've seen LP candidates before, but wasn't sure what procedure was for access.
    As far as I know there are no signatures needed for any of the parties who have ballot access, once the primary or convention process are over. The LP does not use a taxpayer funded primary, so after their conventions (county, state and national) are over then their chosen candidates are automatically on the ballot. Same applies for the dems and reps.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

As far as I know there are no signatures needed for any of the parties who have ballot access, once the primary or convention process are over. The LP does not use a taxpayer funded primary, so after their conventions (county, state and national) are over then their chosen candidates are automatically on the ballot. Same applies for the dems and reps.
    MRJ has it right. Ballot access in Indiana is determined by the Secretary of State race. If the candidate gets 2% or more of the vote, then their party is a "minor" party. If the candidate gets 10% or more of the vote, then their party is a "major" party. The most notable difference, at least where the election process is concerned, is that minor parties choose their candidates at county and state (and national) conventions, but the major parties have to have a taxpayer-funded primary election.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Glad to hear it. At least those of us with principles won't have to cast a vote for Obamney.

I simply adore the way you besmirch the character of those that haven't drank the special koolaid with you.

I mean all us ignert folk out here with no principles and all.

I'm beginning to see Libertarians as Holier than Thou, condescending asses.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I simply adore the way you besmirch the character of those that haven't drank the special koolaid with you.

I mean all us ignert folk out here with no principles and all.

I'm beginning to see Libertarians as Holier than Thou, condescending asses.
    It's nice to be adored. So, what principles are you upholding by voting for Romney over Obama?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's nice to be adored. So, what principles are you upholding by voting for Romney over Obama?

I might consider answering that but your condescending tone of previous posts and the holier than thou attitude toward those who intend to vote differently have already shown that you will refuse to recognize anything other than YOUR predetermined set of principles as valid and acceptable.

Which I find amusingly ironic, given the whole point of free elections in a representative government.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    The principle of having enough sense to not be a Salmon swimming upstream with no chance of reaching the breeding grounds.

Part of the whole damn mess we're in is electing officials based on this reason. If more people voted for principles instead of electability, if they looked at what a person HAS done instead of what he says he WILL do if given the chance (I'm absolutely sure Mitt won't flip flop once he's gets in office, just like I'm sure Obama won't go full left if he gets a second term), maybe we'd have someone like Ron Paul instead of Mitt Romney in the drivers seat. As much as I would love to see Ron Paul get the Republican nomination, I think the big bank/corporate types in the GOP aren't going to let that happen, Mitt's got too many breaks waiting for them; plus you will never see a Republican nominee if they endorse legalized marijuana. Stupid, but true.

So tell me I don't have enough sense, but I refuse to compromise my beliefs because someone is the lesser of two evils. The only presidential candidate who I feel capable of protecting ALL Constitutional rights, especially 2A, is Gary Johnson. He has the track record, and in my opinion he's not only the only candidate who's going to keep the government out of people's personal lives (gay marriage, marijuana, etc.), but he will balance the budget if given the opportunity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBdpINm9UBU

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I might consider answering that but your condescending tone of previous posts and the holier than thou attitude toward those who intend to vote differently have already shown that you will refuse to recognize anything other than YOUR predetermined set of principles as valid and acceptable.

Which I find amusingly ironic, given the whole point of free elections in a representative government.

Exactly! Ironic is so apropo. It is more than a little disturbing when condescension, labeling, name calling and blatant aggression ( hallmarks of desperate far left behavior ) are adopted and exercised so blindly. When the fervor reaches and stays at such a pitch that the decent, responsible, mindful approach demanded by a civilized society is abandoned and thereby your "principles" become mute.

Paulbots and Libertarians are so one sighted and narrow sighted today that they are their own best enemy.

“We have met the enemy and he is us"

It's too bad also. I find merit in much that is espoused by Paulbots and Libertarians. To bad the messengers suck so badly in relaying it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    My heart is all aflutter. :rolleyes:

Unbelievable! The nerve of the anti-libertarian crowd. This is something I would expect of a leftist liberal, NOT around here. After all the blatant condescension, name-calling, and trolling in libertarian threads, it is no wonder that people don't want to vote for the Republican Establishment. Their messengers suck! :cool:

Top Bottom