• ...and so much more!
  • epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Even before South Park pointed it out, my buddys and I were talking about how their jokes are nothing but disjointed random pop culture references. Very ad-lib like ("It's not as bad as that one time that you <random action> <random pop culture reference>'s <random item>"). Or the "hey we have time to kill so lets just drag a joke out for FAR too long" joke (chicken fight). I am used to the liberal BS they usually throw at you, but now they are making jokes that make no sense at all.

Last night's episode involved Brian, Stewie, and Mort Goldman being sent back to WWII and the invasion of Poland. First they have one of the Nazi officers wearing a McCain/Palin button so they pulled a Godwin, but then they needed Uranium to get back and when asked where it could be obtained. Brian mentions the secret nuclear weapons facility in Germany. Then Stewie asks why the US doesn't invade and Brian retorts with "they don't have any oil".

Ummmm. Liberal ideology aside, last time I checked we DID invade Germany (you know the whole meeting up with the Ruskies at Berlin and the subsequent creation of the Berlin wall). I think Seth McFalane needs to put down the far left propaganda and maybe pick up a history book and then his jokes just might make sense.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've always been bored by Family Guy. Just something about it I never liked.

It's initial appeal to most people is that it is edgier than most shows on network TV. South Park is far more edgier, but that is on cable. I have respect for any show that is willing to kick political correctness to the side, but they really need to fire those manatees that are writing that show and get maybe some bottlenosed dolphins or something (referencing South Park making fun of Family Guy for those who don't know).

Until then South Park pwns Family Guy.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    It really amazed me, a couple weeks back, how much the bird was the word..

If this will work..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1MacNqSPEY]YouTube - family guy - bird is the word[/ame]

else..

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1MacNqSPEY

or maybe..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184]YouTube - Family Guy - Bird is the Word![/ame]

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It really amazed me, a couple weeks back, how much the bird was the word..

Yup saw it. It was funny for about a minute. Then it got old..... then REALLY old and not funny.

Another good example of the completely random pop-culture references was in the last episode (the one I am talking about in the OP) was when they just randomly had Rick Moranis and the "Little Shop of Horrors singers" explain what happened. Completely random. Not even funny in an abusrdist, Monty Python random way. Just stupid.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Never liked it. I was always more of a Hank Hill disciple... between him and Dale you have all the role models a guy like me could need.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Never liked it. I was always more of a Hank Hill disciple... between him and Dale you have all the role models a guy like me could need.

King of the Hill has its episodes, but they can be sort of hit or miss. This weeks episode wasn't that good IMO.

The episode where Bobby took a women's self defense class had me actually ROFLing. "That's my purse!!! I don't know you!!!"

LOL!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I love "Family Guy." I don't have the opportunity to see new episdodes very often, but I catch reruns when I can.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Family Guy is worthless. I pointed out what South Park pointed out after about the first 5 episodes (so about 3-4 episodes after it quit being funny).

Half the time it is borderline offensive in a not-funny way. I HATE when my friends say it is the funniest show ever...The ones who say that aren't really what you would call "thinkers" though.:)

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Well.... call me a "low-brow" but I watch Family Guy for one reason...... Stewie!!!! :rockwoot:

In a heavy British/Stewie accent : "Just who the hellll do you think you are"??? :D
    :cheers:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    "Family Guy" is one of the best television shows ever.

I have Stewie on my cap that I used to use for shooting (until I started wearing my ACT uniform cap), both as an embroidered emblem and as a pin, in pretty much identical poses. I have a ballpoint pen with digital recordings of some of Stewie's best lines from early episodes. I have a throw pillow in the shape of Stewie's head. I have a Peter Griffin wallet somewhere too.

I'm not that worried about what other people think about my choices of television programs.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Last night I was reminded of two important things:

1. Why the evil monkey turned evil.
    2. What started the feud between Peter and the Giant Chicken.

The fights between Peter and that Chicken are the most brutal, violent scenes ever committed to visual media. I get misty-eyed thinking about them. Sooner or later that big chicken is going to win.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    dont need to read any of the posts...if you agree you need to be banned :)

If you don't watch Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia or Frisky Dingo, you need to be whacked with the ban stick as well (both funnier than Family Guy). ;)

And yes, I am Steve from Machete Squad.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I agree with Eric. Always Sunny in Philadelphia is going to put me into a hospital one day! Funny stuff, especially Danny Devito. Its just as quotable as Family Guy, more edgy, more relevant (not relying on stupidness such as the Chicken fight, which is just a time filler) and much more talented in my mind due to live actors, not just animated silliness. I love King of the Hill, as it relies on more appropriate behavior and humor, not just slap stick.

Top Bottom