• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angelfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    westside indy
    i would like to say that when i finally decided to go get my permit about 3 months ago i was in process of just getting the 4 year one then the night before i went i was watching on the internet about how the economy is going downhill and the terrost attacks then what i saw was all the raping and kidnapping of many people and to top it all off when i finally heard about the goverment wanting to shutdown anyone getting a gun permit that was the last straw i then woke up the next morning planning on going to get my lifetime permit yeaaa i was happy then when i got down there at the city county bldg, downtown indy i was really socked as to what happened next, i had applied online the night before so as to have everything ready when i got there all i would have to do is show proof of who i was and pay the fees, well i got there told them who i was they pulled my paperwork i paid then they sent me nextdoor for fingerprinting mind you it was crowded that day i got done they said ty have a nice day, now what really upsett me was how did they know i was who i was they never once asked me for id i never showed anything i guess i worry about those things but to me anyone could of walked up there and got a permit that day noone was showing id a few of us were inline for fingerprinting and waqs talking about it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    i would like to say that when i finally decided to go get my permit about 3 months ago i was in process of just getting the 4 year one then the night before i went i was watching on the internet about how the economy is going downhill and the terrost attacks then what i saw was all the raping and kidnapping of many people and to top it all off when i finally heard about the goverment wanting to shutdown anyone getting a gun permit that was the last straw i then woke up the next morning planning on going to get my lifetime permit yeaaa i was happy then when i got down there at the city county bldg, downtown indy i was really socked as to what happened next, i had applied online the night before so as to have everything ready when i got there all i would have to do is show proof of who i was and pay the fees, well i got there told them who i was they pulled my paperwork i paid then they sent me nextdoor for fingerprinting mind you it was crowded that day i got done they said ty have a nice day, now what really upsett me was how did they know i was who i was they never once asked me for id i never showed anything i guess i worry about those things but to me anyone could of walked up there and got a permit that day noone was showing id a few of us were inline for fingerprinting and waqs talking about it.
    Wow...your name + possibility of somebody else's prints = disaster in the making. Sounds like a prime area for identity theft to blossom.

MrNobody

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ATM....I know how you feel, got so tired of hearing everyone saying 3-4 weeks. For some reason mine took 39 days (5 1/2 weeks) , lots of sad trips to the mailbox. Applied 8/31

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Got it!!:rockwoot:
    WOOT! Came in the mail today!!

Congrats!!! :yesway::rockwoot:

And ATM I know how you feel. When I applied for my lifetime as a renewal from my previous 4 year license. I waited over 2 months before the state finally sent me a letter back saying I had to redo my paperwork, that they somehow only got part of it. WTF? :dunno: They had gotten the set of fingerprints, and the money order, but not the orig application. So I had to find time to go back to the County Sheriff's records dept and redo it all after calling and talking to them. This time they gave me the paperwork and envelope so I could mail it out myself at my request. I mailed it on my way home, and had my new license 2 weeks later. :rockwoot:

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I honestly sent my Dad an e-mail so he knew it was coming, asked about it once after a week or two cuz I forgot to ask him to tell me when it got there, then forgot about it till he e-mailed me saying it showed up.

Granted, i've has the LTCH for years, it was just a duplicat, so it wasn't as big a deal for me. I never understoood why people got anything but the lifetime.

Top Bottom