• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have a quick Itunes question before I head to bed tonight. Today, I downloaded an album on my iphone that I bought from the itunes store. I hooked it up to my mac mini tonight and tried syncing it to my computer. When I hit sync, it gives a warning that all content on my iphone but not on my mac will be lost. When I first synced my iphone, it dumped all my music on it as I haven't had the time to import my cd's to my mac yet. Is there any way that I can import the album from my iphone to my mac without having to repurchase it? I guess I should have waited til I got home and purchased it from my mac and then synced it to my iphone.

I'm a computer idiot so if there is a way to do it, please explain it like you would to a 3 year old. Thanks in advance for any help!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Try going into iTunes on the computer and attempting to purchase the album again. It should say that you've already purchased it and give you the option of just downloading it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Try going into iTunes on the computer and attempting to purchase the album again. It should say that you've already purchased it and give you the option of just downloading it.

Thanks! I'll try that in the morning.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You can only sync to one computer. They do that so you cannot share your library.

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    will it do that if your hdd crashes? ive always been worried about that. i have a lot of money tied up in songs to have to re buy them

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    itunes

the best thing I have found is to just google your question. you'd be amazed at how much info you can find and how well computer guys explain directions to us non-computer people :):

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just got this computer setup for my itunes account. I tried buying it again to see if that would download it. It said I'd be charged again. The popup also said to check available downloads in the store menu. I had that option last night but it's not showing up today.?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    One thing I'm going to have to get used to is even though the program that I have open isn't full sized, I still have the tool bar up at the top of the screen. I clicked on file and there was a line that said "transfer purchases from ******'s iphone". Duh, I got it now. Thanks for the advice. Generally, I'm finding this mac much more idiot user friendly than pc's.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just started importing cd's into itunes this morning. If I try playing a song from the music tab and importing a cd at the same time, the song I'm playing will cut out intermitantly like it would watching a youtube video on a slow connection. Is that normal or is there something I can do to fix it?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I just started importing cd's into itunes this morning. If I try playing a song from the music tab and importing a cd at the same time, the song I'm playing will cut out intermitantly like it would watching a youtube video on a slow connection. Is that normal or is there something I can do to fix it?
    I've had the same problem. I think it's more a function of overloading the drive controller with reading one file from the hard drive, one from the CD, and trying to translate/write the latter back to the hard drive, all at the same time. I'm sure someone's got a fix for it, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've had the same problem. I think it's more a function of overloading the drive controller with reading one file from the hard drive, one from the CD, and trying to translate/write the latter back to the hard drive, all at the same time. I'm sure someone's got a fix for it, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

Ok, I didn't know if it was just an issue with my mac or just the way it's set up. Realistically, people aren't going to import all that often and listen at the same time so I don't think it will be much of an issue for me. I don't have a problem surfing when I'm importing. I just have a bunch of discs to import all at once since it's a new computer.

Top Bottom