• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Congratulations to you for stepping up to the plate and getting this set up.
    I hope it's a big success. Best of luck to everyone involved. :yesway:

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE
    Im an IPFW engineering student and most of my "friends" are very liberal and anti gun and i can probably hold on one hand how many pro gun people i know. (I dont get out much.. )

I sure would like to see something like that happen here. I know we have like a duck hunting club or something of the sort.. at least we did 3 yrs ago. Not too sure now with the way the head quacks are.

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    Glad to see there are young people stepping up thinking for themselves not being brainwashed by all the liberal BS being shoved down our throats by academia and media. Keep up the good work.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Glad to see there are young people stepping up thinking for themselves not being brainwashed by all the liberal BS being shoved down our throats by academia and media. Keep up the good work.
    Well, I'm not sure I would qualify as being considered a "young person," :): but I'm certianly sick of seeing some of the biased teachings of ignorant professors at schools. Since my return to campus I've engaged in countless discussions on firearms with students and faculty. Too many of which have little to no firearms knowledge beyond common misconceptions and media lies.

That is what has motivated me to do this. I'm not developing the organization for a "specific goal" per say such as the SCCC because once they accomplish their task the group would be a moot point and have nothing else to do. This group will be developed in the interest of sparking people's interest in firearms/self-defense, and getting them an appropriate firearms education. This provides grounds for an organization which will ALWAYS have a purpose and never "fall through" in a sense.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I attend, work, and spend much time at IUPUI. I'm available for help (in a support capacity as my schedule is very hectic). Let me know if I can assist with anything!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I attend, work, and spend much time at IUPUI. I'm available for help (in a support capacity as my schedule is very hectic). Let me know if I can assist with anything!
    If you're a student and wish to be a member, just shoot me an email with your contact info. I can simply add it to the list of members to gain an official status and put you on the contact list for information once it's up an running. Take part in any events or organization as you wish from there.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Keep the emails and contact info coming ladies and gentlemen. Share my email with your pro-gun friends on campus and get the word out. While it's relatively easy to reach the number of members required to start an organization, I want the numbers of pro-gun campus go-ers to IMPRESS the administration and send a clear message.

To note, this will not be a politically affiliated group, although it may work with some other student organizations. It's intent is not strictly to change school policy or any other political agenda. This is about educating people on firearms and safety and working to bring more people into the responsible gun owner community.

Share the word, let's grow the numbers.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Contact crayle varnest (if you haven't already) the person who was trying too head up iupui has stepped down, and would likely turn over all his contact I find to you.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I would be interested in a group like this if I attend IUPUI next year.
    If you decide to shoot me an email. I'm still getting them in and will continue to collect people's information and place them on the emailing list while we get everything ironed out over the summer months. The plan is for the group to be in full swing for fall semester.

Currently nobody has has volunteered for any officer positions. If you are willing to take on such a leadership role, please let me know in your email.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Giving this a bump for both an update and to catch any students who may have missed it.

After a lot of discussion with the Indiana state director of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus they offered me the position of president for their new group at IUPUI. After learning a great deal more about what their group does and their true intentions (to educate, dispell myths, and promote firearms safety and training) I gladly accepted the offer rather than initiate a separate group on campus. In the eyes of the public, the gun owner community needs more unity rather than division and creating two groups would only divide in interests. Hence, I accepted the offer.

There is a lot of ideas in the works, but currently we are waiting final approval from the school's administration for us to be officially recognized as an organization. As soon as that happens we'll be scheduling a call out meeting. Starting immediately after spring break I'm hoping to organize a large on campus recruiting campaign. If you are on campus and wish to take part in this, again just email me with your information.

More to come later. Any other organization, local business, or private citizen or group that wishes to help our cause in some way, please feel free to contact me to discuss opportunities.

Top Bottom