• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Heard about the IUPUI crime over the last 24 hours? A shooting and a rape.
    IUPUI sends crime alert to students after reported rape at residential hall | Fox 59
    No threat at IUPUI after suspect fires shots on campus | Fox 59

As a student at IUPUI I find it terrible that I can't carry on campus. After talking to some people about the weapons policy, a surprising amount of people are for amending the policy (libs and fellow gun owners). How much support could I expect from ingo (funds, fellow IUPUI students helping, Signing petitions, ect)? This is becoming a pressing issue and I want to do something about it. At the very least, this post can provide some discussion about campus carry.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    As a new student starting in January 2016 I think that it is something that should be allowed. I support campus carry.

Last edited:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Oh but you can.

There is a huge difference between "can't" and "not allowed". This is one of those STFU and go about your business situations.

At college/university level it is a policy issue, not a felony issue. Chezuki is right on this one. --> That's not to say that the sh*t wouldn't hit the fan if they found a student carrying on campus (not involved in anything, just if they discovered that he was carrying)
    Remember that K-12 is still a big no-no!!!
    However, at the university level you can be fired/expelled as an employee/student for breaking such policies. I never risked it at IU when I was there. That was my choice. Looking back, I easily could have.

m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    At college/university level it is a policy issue, not a felony issue. Chezuki is right on this one. --> That's not to say that the sh*t wouldn't hit the fan if they found a student carrying on campus (not involved in anything, just if they discovered that he was carrying)
    Remember that K-12 is still a big no-no!!!
    However, at the university level you can be fired/expelled as an employee/student for breaking such policies. I never risked it at IU when I was there. That was my choice. Looking back, I easily could have.

Exactly. I do not want to get expelled. I would rather go about and change the issue as a whole instead of sneaking around the rules.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I kept mine in the front pocket of my backpack. Never needed it, but I sure felt better going to my car at night knowing I had one. Smith and Wesson 3913 loaded with 115 gr Federal Hydra Shocks. I wish I still had it.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Just don't get seen carrying. My wife works there and she has seen many IUPUI police calls due to MWG even though the person was on public property. There are those that go nuts when they see anything remotely resembling a gun. :rolleyes:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Just don't get seen carrying.

I carried when I went there in the mid 90's. Never brought attention to myself, never had a problem.

At the College level, it isn't as easy as a "No Guns = No Money" card, nor avoiding places that have metal detectors. This is less a CAN issue than a SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE​ issue...

Top Bottom