• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Tired of it. Started smoking around the age of 16. I'm 35 and I'm done with it. I'm taking the tough man approach. No pills no gum and no patches. I'm just done with it. I've decided that when I get up tomorrow and burn that last one that's the last one period. You guys are now my support group. Thanks in advance for all the help.

iCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Porter
    I wish you luck, quiting was the hardest thing I've ever done. I've been smoke free for just over a year now. It took me a combination of pills, patches, and gum. I've tried cold turkey before and the only time I've been successful is when I smoked the last one before bed. If I smoked one in the morning, I couldn't help but stop at a gas station on my way to work.

I truly wish you the best...It sucks at first, but I feel so much better now.

-Ben

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Everyone has to fight the monster in their own way. My thing was to declare a victory EVERY time i didn't smoke one. With every victory I got even more determined not to let the monster get me back. Good luck!

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I had a similar thought back in 2000. I made up my mind and just threw out my last 3/4 of a pack. Do yourself a favor and don't smoke that last one. Just toss it. chezuki is pretty much right on - those first three days are the hardest. After that it will gradually get easier.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... I'm taking the tough man approach. No pills no gum and no patches. I'm just done with it. I've decided that when I get up tomorrow and burn that last one that's the last one period. ...

It can work. My grandpa who smoked and then chewed for years stopped cold turkey after going to the store one day and being disgusted by the latest price increase of Skoal. He sucked on a lot of mints and chewed regular gum for a while, but he never used tobacco again.

You can do it!

(And, just think - you can spend the money saved on gun stuff. If THAT'S not a motivator, I don't know what is.)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It can work. My grandpa who smoked and then chewed for years stopped cold turkey after going to the store one day and being disgusted by the latest price increase of Skoal. He sucked on a lot of mints and chewed regular gum for a while, but he never used tobacco again.

You can do it!

(And, just think - you can spend the money saved on gun stuff.)
    DO not pick up the habit of chewing regular gum, if you do make sure it is sugarless. My dad did that and had 70-80% of the enamel removed from his teeth in less than a year from it.

Last edited:

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Do it for someone else... Make a promise to someone. Helped me. I wouldn't quit for myself.

Try not to start eating everything in sight to compensate.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Good luck brother. Lots if us have done it. Been almost 15 years for me. I had a lot of family help and used one of the patch deals to help me overcome it.

Top Bottom