I've noticed a trend....... Seems like INGOers are dumping their braced pistols.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are the different approaches mutually exclusive?

We can have multiple fights, some trying to chip away the infringements one at a time, and other's looking to abolish the whole NFA. I'll support both.

I appreciate that, but the all or nothing crowd never has a victory. And sadly, they **** away oportunity by overasking.

Goes back to the same argument, where the momemtum was in our favor and "we" pushed for unobtanable national reciprocity, when we could have had The Hearing Protection Act.

We cripple ourselves getting into arguments where we don't have the message to sell the fence sitters. "Abolishing the NFA" will never sell. Abolishing the silencer ban for medical reasons just might. Similarly, 3-4-5-6 million braced pistols running around, after being ATF "legalaized" a few years back, might just be a selling factor to abolish the short barrelled rifle ban?

Tie all of that in, after taking a bite or two a year at a time and crippling the ATF along the way, then we start to argue that the NFA is really not about any kind of safety, but about taxation and controlling of the United States Constitution. Then we have a real argument vs just "because I want."

:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    That's a great idea! Too often though, I think we bite off more than we can chew.

Same as saying "get rid of the NFA!" While I agree, we can waste time on this for many years, still it won't get anywhere.

Let's settle for a few small victories. Make progress a little at a time. All the while developing our message to win over most of the other half of the country. The message is everything.

Uh oh. You aren't saying we should look for "real compromise", are you?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Uh oh. You aren't saying we should look for "real compromise", are you?

Nope. That's a lib narative. Exactly what we should be fighting.

We take back rights, that never should have been lost, a bite at a time. Explaining in detail why we are correct in doing it. And educating those who have no understanding to NOT fall for the lib narative of guns being blamed for their anti law enforcement actions.

No naratives or slogans or repeating lib bull:poop:. "Gun Safety legislation" :rolleyes:

Just telling folks why this is the American way. And that we need to get ourselves together on this, while there still is an America. :patriot:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Nope. That's a lib narative. Exactly what we should be fighting.

We take back rights, that never should have been lost, a bite at a time. Explaining in detail why we are correct in doing it.

No naratives or slogans or repeating lib bull:poop:. Just telling folks why this is the American way.

Okay, good, just checking. ;)

Top Bottom