• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Well, just like the title says, today I finished my first AR build. Took me a year to finish it but truly well worth the wait. Going to the range with it tomorrow to break it in and will get some pictures up eventually. :):

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It must be about 5 years ago now, I built my first AR15.
    I was so enamored with the whole process that I immediately started accumulating more parts and quickly built a second one.
    The second build ended up being a gift to my brother, who, upon receiving his first EBR, installed a 50 yard range in his front yard!
    I now have access to a private range anytime I please! :rockwoot:
    Even at the prices back then, that ended up being some of the best money I've ever spent.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Me too! My safe is pitch black inside. All blued steel and wood are gone.

Have not built one yet. Once I get some parts together I may slap one together.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Well, managed to make it to the range and put some rounds through it. Amazing when you have nice weather in the heart of winter how packed a range can be. All I have to say is it was worth the year that I spent building my AR. It's nothing fancy but it works right. Without further delay, here is the picture I have of it:

AR 15 (640x360).jpg

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    It must be about 5 years ago now, I built my first AR15.
    I was so enamored with the whole process that I immediately started accumulating more parts and quickly built a second one.
    The second build ended up being a gift to my brother, who, upon receiving his first EBR, installed a 50 yard range in his front yard!
    I now have access to a private range anytime I please! :rockwoot:
    Even at the prices back then, that ended up being some of the best money I've ever spent.

Funny that you mention accumulating more parts. I recently put another lower on layaway at my local gun shop. It is a Spikes Tactical Zombie lower.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Me too! My safe is pitch black inside. All blued steel and wood are gone.

Have not built one yet. Once I get some parts together I may slap one together.

Sniper, you would be surprised how easy it is. The only thing I needed my gunsmith to do for me is torque the barrel nut, check the headspace and install the flash hider. The hider is easy but mine didn't act right and he put it on for free.

Top Bottom