I've planted a garden for years and have never seen this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    This is my first veggie garden at this particular house (just moved in last fall). Here is my dilemma...

I have 8 tomato plants and two of them are wilting! They look like they've had hot water or something poured on them. The other 6 plants are doing beautifully (so far). Even the 2 wilty ones had toms on them and then POOF! over night they look like heck-warmed-over. There are no insects of any kind to be seen and the plants don't appear to have been nibbled or cut at all. It's coming from the roots whatever it is. :dunno:

HELP!!!

What is it and what can I do? I noticed my neighbors toms doing the same thing... except her peppers seem to be affected too. The rest of my garden seems to be doing well, but I'm worried. I don't want to lose everything. Any cures? And is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening next year? I've been gardening for years and have never seen this. I'm stumped.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Maybe you have an evil little creep of a neighbor randomly spraying your plants with Round-Up?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dog pee?

I know it does a number on my grass even from little dogs.

Did you use a liquid fertilizer - maybe too much?

brettgrace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    are there any walnut trees close by, we had this same thing happen and they were planted too close to the walnuts, toxic to many plants

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    No nasty neighbors. No dog pee. No black walnut trees. No fertilizer (I like to go as organic as possible.) No nuttin. I don't get it. The other 6 plants look great. It's 2 random ones that aren't even next to each other! :wallbash:

If you guys can't help me, I'm gonna cry! :tantrum:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Speaking from experience??? :dunno: :laugh:

Actually, yes. When I was a kid, one of the neighbor kids was a little punk vandal that ended up in juvie. He had a habit of going to random houses and pulling "pranks". Our neighbor got a gallon of ammonia poured in their bushes. We got brown dye poured in our pool. The "pranks" always ended with significant dollars required to fix them.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Actually, yes. When I was a kid, one of the neighbor kids was a little punk vandal that ended up in juvie. He had a habit of going to random houses and pulling "pranks". Our neighbor got a gallon of ammonia poured in their bushes. We got brown dye poured in our pool. The "pranks" always ended with significant dollars required to fix them.

Did he end up with a cap in his assets? :draw:

WAIT A MINUTE!!! It was YOU wasn't it Scutter?!?! YOU were the punk vandal weren't you?!?! C'mon... admit it. I was you! :stickpoke:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

yesterday or day before there were some kids throwing bricks at our cars in the back, haven forbid I catch them doing it again... :xmad:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

Nice!!! :rolleyes:

Is he in here? ----> Indiana Offender Database Search

Top Bottom