• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Earlier this year I finally got my John Deere X360, of course the plow was a must among other accessories. Soooooooooooooo pumped pre-winter to push some snow, gotta admit kinda over it at this point just want to put the deck back on and do some mowing.

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I second that. Where's the global warming when you need it:dunno:. In addition to the normal snow plowing accounts, we got a call from the city this year, to help them out by plowing some of the alleys----that was definitly different!!! Saw all kinds of things rolling out of the bucket of the loader:rolleyes:
    Cheers

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It can just sit there and melt for all I care. :xmad:

That's what I thought this last time. But with the ice cap, cold temps, and compaction, and now this last 3-4", my drive may be covered til Memorial Day :D.

Good news is, it's going to be 60F sometime next week. Maybe it'll all be gone by then.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    5.5" here officially. I measure a solid 6".
    If it were not for the fact the twin G-Daughters 1 year "B" day party was tomorrow and we needed to clear some parking space we would have left it to mely as well.
    of course it's only 5.5". The city only plows side streets if it is over 6". They are WAYYYYY over budget and can't afford to do it again

Ungie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    i have no choice. I live on a hill we got a late snow recently and I had to get work. Or was that I was too lazy to get up at 4:00 am? Long story short by the time I got home it was ice. I have 4 wheel drive and I think I am pretty good at driving but I ended up sliding down the hill sideways and buried my truck. Took me 3/4 of an hour to dig out with lots bad language included. Hope you don't have any hills like I do.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I'm in agreement of let it be! My shoulders, elbows, wrists and back have had it this winter. No break from home, to work, home, etc. Used 5 gals of fuel(1 or 2 are usual)
    The temps actually stuck my eyelids together(-15), and brought congestion. Ran out of safety salt, been using snowmelt from Dollar store. They are sold out.
    Sick of driving 25 in a 55 due to whiteouts, packed ice from snow, vehicles eat gas in frigid temps.
    Today I dug my 4 in flex pipe out of a 2 ft snow drift, and now my sump pump isn't clogged with ice. Ready for spring!

Top Bottom