• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    I currently carry in a Fobus paddle holster that leaves a print at times. Not really a big concern here in Indiana , but i travel to other states. I have been thinking about going with an IWB and have a couple questions. How are these (comfort wise) while sitting or driving ? Does the heat, humidity , perspiration effect the gun ? Thanks for any info.
    :D

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    They range from "forget it's there" to "kill me now" in terms of comfort. If you're carrying at the traditional 3-6pm, something like the Crossbreed Supertuck is VERY comfortable for many people. Many IWB holsters are cut to protect the gun from touching your nasty, sweaty body. Normal care will generally be plenty to protect the gun from humidity. I don't recommend keeping one of those little battery-powered dehumidifiers in your pants, but it's an option.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    They range from "forget it's there" to "kill me now" in terms of comfort. If you're carrying at the traditional 3-6pm, something like the Crossbreed Supertuck is VERY comfortable for many people. Many IWB holsters are cut to protect the gun from touching your nasty, sweaty body. Normal care will generally be plenty to protect the gun from humidity. I don't recommend keeping one of those little battery-powered dehumidifiers in your pants, but it's an option.

Do they vibrate????

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

After reading that post...can anyone recommend a good way to get coffee out of a keyboard?

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I love my leather UBG IWB holster. I still have to wear a shirt over it, but it doesn't print. I hardly know it's there most of the time. After 10 hours or so, especially in this heat, it gets a little uncomfortable, but the weight of the gun is also a big factor!

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    There are several IWB clip ons that do the job. Wearing IWB at about 4:30 works well, but does cause issues sitting in a car for long periods. Need to have pants that can accomodate the extra waist. Don Hume JIT Slide is a small outside the belt holster. It rides high and conceals well under a shirt. Worn at 3:00 it's comfortable sitting in the car.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I really like my Remora clipless-IWB. It is very easy to take on and off, which is for IWB in the car. The car is probably the uncomfortable place to carry with any method, but IWB is especially bad. It is uncomfortable, and you have next to 0 access to your firearm should you need it. I like to take my Remora and kind of sit on the edge of it, leaving room enough to draw and for it to not slip, but not to the point where it is uncomfortable.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I tried a wide selection—Galco, Kholster, Fobus, Serpa, et. al. before settling on the High Noon ones. I have a tuckable for my Taurus 709 and G26. I have a High Noon IWB non-tuckable for my Taurus 24/7. Both are extremely comfortable—sitting in my Mustang or standing around Wal-Mart while waiting for someone to open the ammo cabinet. The weapons have not been discovered when I CC. Easy to conceal with a dress, T or sweatshirt.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I just bought a Desantis Sof-tuk, so far pretty comfortable, I'm kinda thick, and the bottom of the holster does dig into my side after about 6 hours, but that may be my size.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I love my Crossbreed holsters! I have 4 of them now and wear them all the time. Drove all the way to Florida wearing it with no discomfort at all. I even wear it with shorts I carry a full size 40 S&W and it just disappears. Midway USA carries some in stock you'll have a few weeks wait to order direct but they are great on customer service I have bent a few belt clips and they send replacements with no questions asked. A true no BS warranty.

That's my :twocents:

Crossbreed Holsters > Home

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My experience is that orientation has a lot to do with carry comfort in the car.
    I am a lefty, and I mostly carry IWB. I have found that if I just move the holster from my normal 7:00~8:00 position to more of a 9:00 position for any substantial time in the car, the comfort increases exponentially, since my body is not trying to "bend" the gun/holster to sit down, and i'm not pinning the gun/holster between myself and the seat.
    For a very long trip, it goes in the console holster I have installed just for such occasions.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've been wearing an IWB rig with my Glock G27 since 1997. My first one, which I still have, is a Blade-Tech, with a tuckable single point attachment that goes under the belt. It has an extension that keeps the pistol away from my sweaty body. I also have a Raven Concealment Phantom which I also wear. Both are concealable and don't print, unless I wear something tight. Both are sturdy and seem to work just fine.

68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    I called Madison Outdoors (local gun store) and asked if they had any IWB holsters . They didn't have any , but he ordered a Super Tuk for me. I got it for the same price online and saved the shipping charge. I wore it driving out of town and most of the day. I love it and will purchase for future guns.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom