• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have a Gen 2 Timney in mine. I've put maybe 300 rounds through it since with no problems. About half of that was various manufactures of M855 ball which has been one of the main types reported to have light strike problems due to hard primers. None so far for me. The Timney is smooth, light, and crisp. Having said that I'd still like to try the Geissele and the ShootingSight/Tav-D at some point just to compare.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    How long ago was your purchase? Timney had issues with light strikes, but have supposedly corrected that in the past few months. It may be worth a call to them and see if they'll bring your pack up to current standard.

I purchased mine the first month they were available. I wonder if I should contact them to see if it can be corrected.

bowtech83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2014
    Muncie
    I am looking to get an OD green tavor here in the near future. Did you know they have a 9mm conversion barrel as well? It would make a great CQW in both calibers

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    I also bought the conversion kit. Was $729 at Valparaiso gun show. They still have 2 instock as of yesterday if you're interested. I haven't got around to putting it in. Looks like a 20 to 30 min procedure first time.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I purchased mine the first month they were available. I wonder if I should contact them to see if it can be corrected.

It doesn't hurt to try! They have been working hard to undo that PR kerfluffel and, I would wager, be accommodating.

The 9mm kit has been around for some time. It is not difficult to put it, but it is not a quick change either. It takes 30min to an hour the first time, but still isn't a 5 min slap-it-in deal once you know the process. IWI has also started to perform the conversions in-house as a standard to make sure the headspacing is correct.

Last edited:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    [video=youtube;Hdxr48UChmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdxr48UChmw[/video]

[video=youtube;-Tll-oIryG0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tll-oIryG0[/video]

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I love my tavor. It is really well balanced and super easy to shoot well. I'm getting the timney trigger pack to install as I'm not a huge fan of the factory trigger. It is a very simplistic design as far as break down and operation. I would for sure get one if you have the chance.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Check out the "Israeli" grip method and it gets even weirder... at first. Then it get awesome as you realize how bloody stable it is.

Top Bottom