• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I carry my izula daily, but I've found something that I don't like. I don't use it daily, so I don't draw it from its sheath just to look at it. The other day, I pulled it to use it and it was coated in rust. I like everything about the knife but I want something that is less maintenance. What's out there? I want similar size and minimal sheath to carry it horizontal.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I solved this issue by rubbing a thin layer of Froglube on my 1095 Izula. No issues since, and it's still food safe.

Or, if you're anemic, you let it rust so you can get some iron in your diet!

the above statement may or may not be factual.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    A knife maker did a really good review of several lubes to test there corrosion blocking abilitys. Frog lube did really well. It also has the advantage of being food safe and smelling good. I make knives and give each one a wipe down with frog lube before they leave.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Mine only got significant rust when I got soaked from being in the rain. Normal humidity and being close to my body (hanging between my undershirt and overshirt) for a couple of years didn't do much to mine. Given that, some people have a significantly higher concentration of different dissolved species in their perspiration, which could easily accelerate corrosion.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I use a tuf-cloth on all my ESEE knives and have no issue with rusting (these are carrying knifes as well). Use a scotch brite pad it will take the rust off then just put a coat of oil or use the tuf-cloth.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have never had mine rust before. I don't even oil it weekly. I suppose it depends on what environment the knife is being used in.

Top Bottom