• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    I just acquired a model 66 from my grandfather. I know the gun isn't in any shape to fire because of the fact that the action bar is broke into 2 pieces. We see a whole lot of Mossberg 500/590 and Remmy 870 HD guns, but what do you don't see too often is a semi-auto one. What I was thinking about doing with this gun was getting the action bar fixed (obviously), and taking the barrel down to 18.5". I know that one of the most intimidating sounds in the world is the sound of a 12ga racking a slide, but wouldn't the sound of 5 00buck rounds flying you way also scare the **** out of you? Let me know what you guys think.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    A new action bar from Numrich Gun Parts is 71.50, I would think that would be a worthwhile investment to make a free shotgun work. The J.C. Higgins 66 was made by High Standard btw. It is gas operated and shortening the barrel may interfere with the cycling but that should be curable by opening up the gas ports if needed.

Nothing wrong with a semi-auto for HD/SD...I have two, a Remington 1100 and a HK 121M. Besides who wants to announce their location and intent by loudly cycling a pump shotgun....not I.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    71.50 is about what that shotgun is worth, personally if it were me I'd retire it to "wall hanger" status & get something for home defense that I was confident would work in an emergency situation.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If someone has enough balls to invade my house while I'm home I doubt the sound of a pump shotgun will have any deterrent effect.

Top Bottom