• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Ah ha! No, not cops. (blue bashers!) I am talking about REAL jackboot wearing punks, Looking like Hitler Youth and hanging out at Yellowwood forest.

We were eating a picnic at the shelter house when three punks announced that they were using the shelter now and we "Really should leave...... NOW!". I told them that the shelter had three rooms and the one we were currently in was big enough for at least twenty people and they should sit on down and have a ball.

At my age most people look like kids, but these kids were only kids! 15 or 16 at the most. One of them sat down across the picnic table from me and reached out to my paper plate, flipping a piece of chicken to the floor! Holy crap! (violate a fat guy's chicken? they Had to know that wouldn't end well)

I met his eyes and gave him the dad voice. I said that something was now going to happen that he wasn't going to like. I further warned him that if they even thought about kicking one of my dogs, then it was going to get even worse. Then I let go of my dog that had been sitting next to me begging. As my husky leaps to defend the chicken (screw me! he was on the table in an instant, between the bucket and the kid), they stopped laughing. When I unhooked the wife's boxer they ran like schoolgirls! They looked like the three stooges, running circles and zig-zagging through the parking lot.

Now what is a kid thinking about displaying this behavior? First the paramilitary get-up and then rooster head blue and red hair....... Looking like mimes or clowns or something and trying to intimidate an old hippie and his old lady is ignorant to say the least. To choose people with fairly large dogs is REALLY ignorant.

I didn't see anyone actually get bit. I didn't need to intervene to keep one of my dogs from getting bit, But I did loose an extra piece of chicken. That's not to mention the several pieces of chicken that I gave the dogs after they dispatched the punks. What the heck is the world coming to?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ah ha! No, not cops. (blue bashers!) I am talking about REAL jackboot wearing punks, Looking like Hitler Youth and hanging out at Yellowwood forest.

We were eating a picnic at the shelter house when three punks announced that they were using the shelter now and we "Really should leave...... NOW!". I told them that the shelter had three rooms and the one we were currently in was big enough for at least twenty people and they should sit on down and have a ball.

At my age most people look like kids, but these kids were only kids! 15 or 16 at the most. One of them sat down across the picnic table from me and reached out to my paper plate, flipping a piece of chicken to the floor! Holy crap! (violate a fat guy's chicken? they Had to know that wouldn't end well)

I met his eyes and gave him the dad voice. I said that something was now going to happen that he wasn't going to like. I further warned him that if they even thought about kicking one of my dogs, then it was going to get even worse. Then I let go of my dog that had been sitting next to me begging. As my husky leaps to defend the chicken (screw me! he was on the table in an instant, between the bucket and the kid), they stopped laughing. When I unhooked the wife's boxer they ran like schoolgirls! They looked like the three stooges, running circles and zig-zagging through the parking lot.

Now what is a kid thinking about displaying this behavior? First the paramilitary get-up and then rooster head blue and red hair....... Looking like mimes or clowns or something and trying to intimidate an old hippie and his old lady is ignorant to say the least. To choose people with fairly large dogs is REALLY ignorant.

I didn't see anyone actually get bit. I didn't need to intervene to keep one of my dogs from getting bit, But I did loose an extra piece of chicken. That's not to mention the several pieces of chicken that I gave the dogs after they dispatched the punks. What the heck is the world coming to?

:+1: You may well have taught those idiots a lesson that will make them rethink their course and perhaps avoid catching a bullet each down the road.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    So you turned your dogs loose on some kids giving you crap. Hmmm...:popcorn:
    Woulda loved to have seen them running away.

Yes, I know it was unkind....... and illegal. I did it anyway. I could possibly be becoming One of those old jerks that I hated so much when I was younger.

It was them thinking that I would jump up and scurry away like a "beatch" that made me incredulous. I look like John the baptist all by myself, Not to mention the vicious Hounds patiently waiting for chicken. It must be the "Earth Mother" look my wife has that made them think it was safe to try to punk on us.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Did you yell "GET OFF MY LAWN" as they ran away?

AAAAAHAHAHAHA! That would of been perfect! I generally think I am quick witted and laugh afterward about how I handle everyday things, but you guys always keep me humble..... I swear to GOD I wish I had thought of that!

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    That's a good story! At times I wonder when some of these "punks" will test the wife and I when we're out and approaching 60. I still do quite a bit of physical labor along with my office duties while at work. At 5'8'' and 230-240lbs. I'm solid and in pretty good shape. [Work circles around the young lazy asses!]

Not to mention that when off work I pack 100% of the time.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree, as the story unfolded I was already getting amped up, don't underestimate the damage 3 teens could do. Turns out they were just likely posers but you never can tell.

Well said. My question is what would have happened with them if they had a few successful rounds of intimidation under their belts rather than being sent packing post haste? It may well have been a turning point in their lives for the good.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Your-Dog-Wants-Steak_7812-l.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    AAAAAHAHAHAHA! That would of been perfect! I generally think I am quick witted and laugh afterward about how I handle everyday things, but you guys always keep me humble..... I swear to GOD I wish I had thought of that!

Or a simple, but loud belly laugh as they're scurrying away would have been sweet.:laugh:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Well said. My question is what would have happened with them if they had a few successful rounds of intimidation under their belts rather than being sent packing post haste? It may well have been a turning point in their lives for the good.

I'm guessing they already had a successful round or two under their belt since they had the balls to try it with complete strangers .

They may have learned to bring a gun to their next intimidation party .

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011

My dogs each get a plate just like mine, then they beg off of my plate too!

Yes, I am getting older, and also the times have changed. I was once charged with intimidation by a police officer. The judge asked him "Are you trying to tell me that you were actually frightened by this man?" The officer answered "Of course I was your honor, JUST LOOK AT HIM!". Just my appearance was once a criminal act, now it seems that people feel like they are safe or something, almost comfortable. Heck, I LOOK worse than ever!

One thing I have noticed is that old Rednecks, people who would of wanted to fight me years ago are now approaching me so we can marvel at the kids we see around us. We are now good buddies when confronted by what we both see nowadays. (the enemy of my enemy is NOW my friend)

I meet a kid's eyes occasionally and can see that he wants to try me..... Like I am looking like a victim. They don't seem to know that the older I get, the less I have to loose. What can I get? Life?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm guessing they already had a successful round or two under their belt since they had the balls to try it with complete strangers .

They may have learned to bring a gun to their next intimidation party .

Perhaps, although I would hope that they would go home, put on clean undershorts, and start acting like civilized human beings.

Top Bottom