James Yeager - Active Shooter II - Get in the FIGHT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    *********LANGUAGE WARNING***********

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prS_QpGIB8Q[/ame]

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm really beginning to wonder about his judgement. Never once mentioned training or being prepared to make necesary shots. Only "men" "balls" and blindly running into gunfire. :rolleyes:

I hope he keeps it together long enough for you guys to get your class in...

Last edited:

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I'm really beginning to wonder about his judgement. Never once mentioned training or being prepared to make necesary shots. Only "men" "balls" and blindly running into gunfire. :rolleyes:

I hope he keeps it together long enough for you guys to get your class in...

Yes because those statistics he quoted, being true and all, those unarmed people who stopped active shooters definitely need training.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    I don't think he's saying "Blindly go kill yourself.", he's saying "You have a gun? Then use it already!". This video is aimed at cops who don't take action and people who have trained to protect themselves in a situation like this.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    James Yeager's video Active Shooter II - Get in the FIGHT!!!

I personally see this as a very solid, extremely passionate delivery of a good message.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prS_QpGIB8Q[/ame]

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Active Shooter

I totally agree with his stats and info. I also agree with his views on the carrying issue.

People need to realized this stuff is going to happen especially with the times we are in. Everybody needs to man up and grow some.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Active Shooter II - Get in the FIGHT!

I agree with the vast majority of what he says. The one point that I'm in the middle of the road on is how you'll react. I'm sure the majority of us would think we would engage an active shooter. In reality though, unless you have been in a gun fight, you truly don't know how you'll react, myself included. Training is only the base, but does not make up for a real threat. I think all schools need trained staff or security to deal with active shooters. Would you choose a school that you knew had armed individuals protecting our children?

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He makes some great points.The only problem I have with what he's saying is that he keeps talking about "having a pair of balls" to do anything.
    Im sure there are many brave women (both cops and civilians) who would do anything to protect the kids in those situation.
    You dont need to literally have "a pair" to act as a brave hero.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I hate to say it, I agree with him. I liked this video. I like the message. Not delivered in the most thoughtful or elegant way, but I don't care one bit. I stand with Yeager this time.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    He makes some great points.The only problem I have with what he's saying is that he keeps talking about "having a pair of balls" to do anything.
    Im sure there are many brave women (both cops and civilians) who would do anything to protect the kids in those situation.

I really don't think he means it literally. It's more like a metaphor for manly get-it-done, take charge of the situation thinking and acting.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Eh. I know women that have bigger balls than some men.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I hate to say it, I agree with him. I liked this video. I like the message. Not delivered in the most thoughtful or elegant way, but I don't care one bit. I stand with Yeager this time.

Well it's the Yeager's way. :D

Also keep in mind that he made this video right after he learned about the last shooting so he was pissed when he did it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Half will say he's too angry, is unstable, and off his meds. The other half will applaud his righteous indignation. Me, I just want to discuss the actual content of the video and the material that was presented.

I've said this here before, but with such active shooter scenarios I'm really torn. Part of me wants to be that guy that is ready, willing, and able to save innocent lives. But there's another part of me that's a Father and Husband that doesn't want to risk seeing my kids fatherless and my wife a widow.

But either way I do know that I will train such that the option is MINE, and that I'm not relegated to one or the other because I wasn't prepared.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Half will say he's too angry, is unstable, and off his meds. The other half will applaud his righteous indignation. Me, I just want to discuss the actual content of the video and the material that was presented.

I've said this here before, but with such active shooter scenarios I'm really torn. Part of me wants to be that guy that is ready, willing, and able to save innocent lives. But there's another part of me that's a Father and Husband that doesn't want to risk seeing my kids fatherless and my wife a widow.

But either way I do know that I will train such that the option is MINE, and that I'm not relegated to one or the other because I wasn't prepared.

I agree.

In an active shooter scenario, my first reaction is to get my family to safety. Nothing else matters before that.

After that, I'll make my decision depending on the situation.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

I think it's entirely appropriate for one to place a priority on the survivability of their own family. They won't have the choice to be able to make that happen quickly and safely when in these situations. If it is feasible, then you're likely to be able to get them to a safe position fairly quickly. Personally, at that point it's appropriate to re-evaluate the situation and engage if appropriate (ie LEO are not on site yet). Of course, if reaching safety is not feasible for even your family engage to the best of your training but in a manner which attempts to protect them and not draw fire to them (or anyone but yourself if possible).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

:yesway:

Yep training gives you options.

Also you could have more than just two options who are either run away and get to safety or go towards the shooter and try to stop him ASAP.

You could be in a part of a building with no exit where you are the only person standing between the killer and group of people (kids or defenseless adults).
    In that case I think it would be much easier to do something as you would be defending your own life as well and you wouldn't be running towards the threat.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    You could be in a part of a building with no exit where you are the only person standing between the killer and group of people (kids or defenseless adults).
    In that case I think it would be much easier to do something as you would be defending your own life as well and you wouldn't be running towards the threat.

That depends.

If all you had was a 1911, might as well just surrender. 'Cause you ain't got a chance. ;)

Top Bottom