• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have both an M1A and an Armalite AR-10, and yes he is right, the Armalite is going....well back to Armalite. It ran for about 250 rounds, now it doesn't run. Armalite will of course repair it free of charge. But it is a hassle to have to send a firearm back to the factory.
    I have never had a problem out of my M1A....ever!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    He hints that the M-14 was retired with the dusted off comment. It was and is still used by the US Navy.

I don't see anything wrong with his choices though. I would love to add a FAL or SOCOM II.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would say he is spot on. Toss up if I like the FAL or M1A more. The Saiga 308 is way under rated.

Despise the entry AR-10s. Like the CETME's even less. No experience with some of the newer stuff like the SCAR, FNAR, etc, ..... but I'm sure they are great.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    if i had the coin, id pick a SCAR-H over any rifle. following that, an M14, then an FAL. toss the keltec thing in there somewhere.. uhh.. RFB? never fired one but would like to.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Spent time with all the above today and some friends. Loved the M1A Socom with a passion, the FAL's were all that they are cracked up to be, the bullpup Kel-Tec thingy was shockingly sweet, and the SCAR-H was impressive, but louder than a sumunagum.

Of all of them, the Socom was probably my favorite, though the the Kel-Tec made me want one badly for some uknown reason (ergonomics?). I'd prolly own a SCAR-H, as long as it didn't have that muzzle brake that punished the bystanders. That thing had everyone groaning.

Top Bottom