[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMjHd6kKurw[/ame]

Ok, be honest-- who else got "caught" at the end? :laugh:

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Did that dumb@ss just put a loaded mag in the gun, chamber a round, and then start waving it around?

Does this guy ever have anything of value to say?

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    What is "the fight"?

I'm not saying don't be prepared but at what point does it consume your life?

I'm not sure what kind of normal quality of life I would have practicing things like carrying a rifle for days. Where does it stop? When can I just take my kid to baseball practice? To each his own for your amount of "preparedness" he/she chooses to have though, more power to ya :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What is "the fight"?

I'm not saying don't be prepared but at what point does it consume your life?

I'm not sure what kind of normal quality of life I would have practicing things like carrying a rifle for days. Where does it stop? When can I just take my kid to baseball practice? To each his own for your amount of "preparedness" he/she chooses to have though, more power to ya :)

The "fight" is any fight, fist fight, knife fight, gun fight that can happen at any moment.
    He doesn't say you have to carry a rifle with you all the time in order to be ready for that fight. :):

It's more about mindest and being mentally ready/aware.

If someone wants to start a fight while you're at baseball practice with your kid you will have a bat handy so you will be ready for the fight. :yesway::D

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I personally didn't see him "waving" it around

He was gesticulating with it while he talked. Watch the video again and just focus on the rifle. He wasn't wildly swinging it around, but he certainly was moving it as he talked (maybe unconsciously, since most people move their hands as they talk). I can only assume the direction he was pointing a loaded rifle in was safe, but who knows. The 5.45x39 round is certainly capable of penetrating a wall and to keep going for a distance, depending on the wall material. Unless they are facing an indoor range with a proper bullet trap or are looking out a window with a backstop on the other side, I don't see how they can possibly be sure there is anyone else on the other side of whatever he was pointing his rifle at.

If you want to have a loaded rifle, fine. Just sling it and be done with it. Yes, your brain and your finger are the primary safeties. Yeager is correct about that. But since part of that line of reasoning is that presumably you (the guy with the gun) know when to chamber a round and when to leave it empty, it looks like these guys' primary safeties fail on a regular basis.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If you find no value in his videos, maybe try not watching them? :dunno:

Normally, I follow that advice. I just caught the title and saw there was someone else in the video, so I thought they might actually discuss specific weapons they would recommend. But all that go covered in the video was "make sure you can carry your rifle on an extended hike". While good advice, it is rather obvious and doesn't take nearly that long to say. :dunno:

I'll try to remember to stick to Hickok45 and MAC videos in the future, to actually get some content. :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'll try to remember to stick to Hickok45 and MAC videos in the future, to actually get some content. :D

I would post MAC videos but Tim himself posts them here regularly. Great guy with some good information.

Feel free to post any Hickok45 videos you find interesting and think others might enjoy.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I would post MAC videos but Tim himself posts them here regularly. Great guy with some good information.

Feel free to post any Hickok45 videos you find interesting and think others might enjoy.

I'll try to remember to do that.

In fact, here's one I watched just the other day as I was thinking about a good bugout gun.

This is Hickok's review of the KSG. He does quite a bit of shooting with it, with bird shot, buck, and slug. He also tears it down and reassembles it. I was actually quite impressed with the gun (at least in his hand).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNrX-9P--0[/ame]

[STRIKE]I don't know how to do the video embed. I'm thinking that might be a permission my account doesn't have. [/STRIKE]Now, the KSG may not be a good choice at this point, given that it is ridiculously expensive. I have to say I'm pretty intrigued by it's small size and high capacity.

Edit: Thanks to esrice for fixing my video embed issue

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Did that dumb@ss just put a loaded mag in the gun, chamber a round, and then start waving it around?

Does this guy ever have anything of value to say?

At this exact moment in time I have 8 firearms in my house and one on my person that have a round in the chamber and the safetys are off

Hold on mister bad guy I need to use my personel 10 digit code to get into my gun safe and pull a foot of cable threw my weapon(once its unlocked) then load it and THEN I'll be ready for you to proceed with your crime

A firearm is a machine and nothing else.
    Just cause the key is in the ignition of the car does not mean its going to start and drive away by itself. Someone needs to turn the key
    Looked like good finger off the trigger position to me

And I think so

:twocents:

recon19d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Sierra Bravo November
    James speaks the truth- Most of the people who run their mouths on public forums are internet warriors. Stop criticizing when you work a garbage job, probably have never been to ONE SINGLE TRAINING course,let alone something as minor as a bar fight, let alone a gun fight, are a **** poor marksman,shooter but have all the tacticool gear so you feel better about yourself. Look in the mirror. Look at yourself before you run your mouth about a man who as accomplished more than you and worked with, trained by and TRAINED some of the best men and women in the world and shooting community. Keep sharing his videos, your only helping him out. haha. Funny how that works eh?

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    It's not the info that has value, it's what you do with it. His points were simple and seemed valid in many situations. More than one way to skin a cat, so there are many right ways to do things. If your way is better for you, so be it. If his way is better for him, good for him for putting the info out there for consumption. Many don't but criticize his posts and videos without posting a valid argument in response.

Top Bottom