• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I always heard him referred to as a feminine hygiene product bag.... Not a medical bag.

stock-photo-1196258-referee-touchdown.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is this guy on ingo or does someone here know him?

He's a firearms instructor who owns a training company called Tactical Response. He also has a YouTube channel where he gives his opinions on a variety of firearms-related material.

I don't believe he is registered here on INGO. He came through Indiana once and I got a chance to meet him up at 21st Century Firearms.

What are your thoughts on the information presented in the above video?

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    He's a firearms instructor who owns a training company called Tactical Response. He also has a YouTube channel where he gives his opinions on a variety of firearms-related material.

I don't believe he is registered here on INGO. He came through Indiana once and I got a chance to meet him up at 21st Century Firearms.

What are your thoughts on the information presented in the above video?

I think it's a pretty good video with some good information. I have a decent start on a similar kit. I think it would be beneficial for a more in-depth video on the contents. I understand this would take a lot longer and I'm not criticizing the video in saying that.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have pieced together a mini trauma bag that is almost good for almost anything.

The only thing I don't have is a nasal airway. I have watched several videos on a med kit, and I think Nutnfancy's video does a good job on covering a bunch of bases.

The majority of stuff you will see won't be a full on trauma, so it's nice to have stuff to cover things other than just stuff to maintain blood volume :(

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think it's a pretty good video with some good information. I have a decent start on a similar kit. I think it would be beneficial for a more in-depth video on the contents. I understand this would take a lot longer and I'm not criticizing the video in saying that.

Thanks for your thoughts. One of my training goals for 2013 is some deeper medical training as it's an area in which I'm lacking. Looking at all that gear reminds me of that, lol.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Thanks for your thoughts. One of my training goals for 2013 is some deeper medical training as it's an area in which I'm lacking. Looking at all that gear reminds me of that, lol.
    What will your area of focus be? PM me if you want. :)

I'm not a trainer per se, but I do have medical know how :)

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Good vid
    I have most of that stuff he has, less things like "chest decompression needles" Yeaaaa I'll stay waway from things like that till I have the knowledge and training.

But lets face it, in a true SHTF situation unless you have a REAL medical personel in your group and you have a sucking chest wound YOU ARE GOING TO DIE or you will be killed by someone doing something they should not be doing to you :twocents:

Who is James Yeager :laugh:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN5Ioa43i4U[/ame]

This will explain it

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Ok this guy apparently has no experience or training in the medical end of things. You can tell by the amount of bull**** he has in his bag. He has typical bling bling with very few things of actual use. I would offer to teach him a few things for a small fee. Seriously do not listen to 80% of what this guy says on the medical end.

*edit* Oh god this guy has some meds hidden. Please by all that is holy do not let this retard touch me if I am hurt or sick. That is all.

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Ok this guy apparently has no experience or training in the medical end of things. You can tell by the amount of bull**** he has in his bag. He has typical bling bling with very few things of actual use. I would offer to teach him a few things for a small fee. Seriously do not listen to 80% of what this guy says on the medical end.

*edit* Oh god this guy has some meds hidden. Please by all that is holy do not let this retard touch me if I am hurt or sick. That is all.

His kit is actually a pretty good catch all, maybe not enough soaker pads for hemorrhage, but it is what I would have considering my training.

Don't just comment negatively, please tell us WHAT you would have that is different, and why. :)

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Sure I will give a few reasons.

A BVM is really something that could be way sized down. You could use a pocket mask for this. The only reason to use a BVM is when you use advanced airways such as a LMA or ETT. I cannot remember him having a good stethoscope. If your going to do any airway stuff you need a good set of ears.

Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethoscope | allheart.com

This is what I have used for years.

Blood pressure cuffs are ok but you can use your pulse points to judge a good BP pressure.

Oh god let me talk about chest tubes. He had tons of them. Like he was going to place them on 5 people. First off you have to have the knowledge to really know when to place one. Again this is for a doctor or medic that is highly trained. I saw a BP cuff and maybe a crappy stethoscope. So I highly doubt the proper tools were there to really get a good assessment. Chest tubes require a lot of monitoring and prep. They are very dangerous and the most painful procedure you can attempt.

Needle decompression is something that is preformed all the time. The tools he had for this were not practical at all. It appears all bling bling and very little practical knowledge.

I am not going to give the knowledge to do these procedures. These should be preformed by trained professionals. I was going to link the products but I really decided against it.

Sutures have a large chance of infection. Some docs wont suture if the wound is so old. Steristrips are great way to close a wound. Cheap and easy to use with very few downsides. You can close a wound with tape and direct pressure. Sutures should be done by sometime with lots of training.

Epi pens are really just bling bling. They can be very dangerous if used wrong. Not alone the cost of them versus the cost of the med and the delivery system. The size is another issue. A vial is smaller than a epi pen. I have seen epi-pens go though a hand when used wrong.

Ok enough for now.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    This is what I have used for years.

So you've been some sort of medical provider for years huh ?

Then you should realize that medical direction , protocols and SOP's can vary county by county , let alone state vs state or what organization an individual gets their training from .

Point is , just because it's not done the way you'd do it doesn't make it wrong .

I think the idea behind some of his gear is to have it if someone who knows how to use it comes along .

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I'd love to have a littmann to throw in a bag but could spend $200 other places. I agree with Loco though I didn't watch the vid yet, I'm at work.

It's nice to have the stuff but don't think because you have it you can do it.

I have epipens in my bags but that's because my wife and child are prescribed them.

BandageThat!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Clark County
    Is he actually a medic or what?

I suppose if I were in dire need of a needle decompression, I'd let him try it. Not much left to lose if you've truly got a worsening tension pneumothorax and no professional help on the way. And besides, nobody can judge you if you do it wrong. If I didn't have a pneumothorax before your procedure, you can be damned sure I will after. Win/Win. :):

Loco179 said:
    So I highly doubt the proper tools were there to really get a good assessment.

And a good assessment is so critical to everything. I think a lot of people who build kits like this don't actually know how to do a basic vitals assessment on the fly nor do they understand how to use that information. And when they show me equipment for a needle decompression before they show me a blood pressure cuff and a decent stethoscope, I get a wee bit worried.

Top Bottom