[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8JMZctpR7E[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcxffmvMFYw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cWuIoZVSg[/ame]

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I bought my son one to learn to shoot with around April. We have enjoyed it and it seems to be a nice little gun. Short of my few issues trying to zero in a scope that was loose, or the mount was loose, or whatever else was loose when I wasn't paying attention, it works great(note that it was in no way the fault of the gun or scope or anything but only myself).

What I like is that I can put the gun with the scope on it in the bag and have a spotting scope in the bag as well. If I left the spotting scope out I could get some tubluar cylinders and fillem up with ammo to carry as well if I choose to.

Overall I do recommend them and they seem to be coming down in price a bit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    First time seeing the Combat Focus vid.

Shout out to Mr. Yeager:
    I could be mistaken, but it appears that your scanning is weak. It looks like you are going through the motions only, without really seeing behind you. rhino would not let you get away with that! Constructive criticism of an issue I have had myself.

Thanks for the 1022 Takedown review though!

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We have sold a number of the 10/22TD versions; no complaints. simon6101 has one (along with about every other 10/22 made); hopefully he will chime in with his thoughts.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    +1 Ruger TD

I bought one of these to set next to my other junky "takedown" and "survival" type rifles - and I have to say I am kind of impressed.

It is just so simple - instead of building a finicky firearm around the concept of disassembly, they came up with a straightforward way to disassemble and reassemble an already tried and true rifle. It works, and it almost makes me wonder why it took this long....

Wonder if these takedown models work well with Tech Sights?

I have heard that they do, and work well. I was thinking of doing this myself.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've got one (kinda). I bought it this summer and really enjoyed it, but I had to send it back to Ruger for a finish quality issue on the receiver. Since then, they have decided to just send me a new one. Point being, I really enjoyed it while I had it, and I plan on continuing to enjoy it when the new one comes in. It is a nice accompaniment to my Belgium-made Browning takedown of my great grandfathers that I'm too protective of to haul around constantly or tromp through the woods with. The Ruger is great because it is a cheap, reliable, easy to break down rifle that comes with a convenient carrying bag.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Oh, no!!! Just watched the video and realized he has his 10/22TD set up just like mine... Running a Bushnell TRS-25 and a BX-25 mag. Simple, yet effective. Does that mean we're twinkies???

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does that mean we're twinkies???

Depends on who you ask around here. Some completely dismiss ALL of his opinions because of the 1 or 2 they disagree with.

If you set up your rifle exactly like JY then I'm thinking you're either lovers or you have some kind of horrible disease.

:laugh:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Depends on who you ask around here. Some completely dismiss ALL of his opinions because of the 1 or 2 they disagree with.

I'd be lying if I said I cared much for him at first, but honestly he's kind of grown on me. I think you just have to learn how to take him.

If you set up your rifle exactly like JY then I'm thinking you're either lovers or you have some kind of horrible disease.

Are we gonna have to have a talk at NFA day???

:bat:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Great stuff. I love my 10/22 TD. I bought 2 BX-25 mags and put a Vortex Sparc on it. The Sparc works really well, and the optional 2x magnifier makes it a little better for reaching out for squirrels.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Both Versions

I have both versions and instead of using a scope I elected to use a set of Williams Firesights. This way I keep the intended use of the gun(small and Compact.) I am thinking that I need to send the barrel out and have the sight moved back and threaded. Found a place in Dayton that will do it for $90

As with any 10/22 I have used the factory 10 round mags and a few of the BX-25's, It has ran flawlessly and me and my grandson have had a blast with it.

This winter I am going to change out the stock to a wood one. Custom made myself.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Bought mine the day they were introduced. Added a short 4X scope that still allows it to fit in the bag;

DNN_8762Pw.jpg

It has had several hundred flawless rounds through it. Only mod so far was the auto bolt release mod.

:D

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    This rifle could be a nice fit for the family, but it looks like I'd have to move the front sight back so I could thread it. If it was going in my GHB, I'd want the ability to suppress it.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    He has grown on the wife and I as well especially after we learned Clint and Heidi Smith somewhat approve of him...LOL That was when we started watching his videos.
    We bought 2 of the takedowns at Bradis just before the baby was born and we love them just as much as the other 10/22s I have. I have to buy the wife her own of course so she didnt go coonfingerin mine. She likes blue and I had no idea they had the American Shooting Team version with a blue stock so I bought the Kryon special plastic paint in a blue she likes but I cannot bring myself to deface her rifle with it yet...LOL
    While at the last 1500 I also bought 8 of the BX25 magazines so we have 4 for each. I am seriously considering a small optic for them but just not 100% sure yet.

brody981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Highland
    I love mine, bought it when it first came out, allthought i had a few issues. First the sights were way off, like a foot high. Second my safety didn't work, it shot fine. I sent it back the next day Ruger replaced the trigger group and barrel assembly and i had it back in 2 weeks. Everything works and it's very accurate.

Top Bottom