James Yeager- You have NO right to your opinion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    I like James Yeager a lot, mostly because I think the same way he does. The one thing I hate is that he cares way to much about Internet comments. Just ignore them.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i can see kinda why hes saying what hes saying...im sure hes seen plenty of newbie rich as allhell gun owners who have a brand new kimber or some other fancy 1911 and could also afford training and their gun fudges up a few times......i caught some flak when i went to training for having an hk, and for it being a .45....but the gun,(as it had in the thousands of rounds before training) functioned flawlessly...not a single hiccup......with that being said...my g19 has only ever had 2 incidents..possibly due to limp wristing.....either way...a gun owner that shoots his guns often and plenty, knows his guns......know your gun before you take it to a class

jaschutz79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    For this to be "Science" the results must be repeatable. I assure you that there are other trainers on the same level that disagree with James.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I remember that James had an opinion on open carry that he wasn't entitled to have.

He didn't follow that method on the board behind him, he just spouted off some unsupported nonsense because he doesn't know any better.

Try again, James.

Disclaimer: I didn't quite finish the video.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Like him or not he is basically right. He has a lot of experience watching and using various weapons wheremost of us,even if we shoot a lot, only have experience with our own weapons.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Like him or not he is basically right. He has a lot of experience watching and using various weapons wheremost of us,even if we shoot a lot, only have experience with our own weapons.

But if our experience was with both 1911's and Glocks, even if only shooting them a lot, wouldn't we still have the right to our opinion about those guns? From what it seems Yeager is saying is NO I wouldn't have that right because I don't have a PHD in "shootin'" :)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

To a point. As much as I think he comes across as an egotistical ass, I respect his experience with teaching his classes and I don't doubt he can teach people how to run his class well and I don't doubt his OPINION in that area carries more weight than the average person's. But his class isn't real life and in real life very, very few people get into gun fights that will put their weapons through the type of abuse such a class does. I have no doubt his opinion of what will work in his class carries far more weight than does mine. I also have no doubt that my opinion of his butchering that comparison of his experiences with the use of the scientific method carries far more weight than his.

His problem starts when he tries to extend that opinion beyond the realm of his class. To some extent extrapolation is possible, but it breaks down the further away one gets, and I doubt he recognizes that.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    But if our experience was with both 1911's and Glocks, even if only shooting them a lot, wouldn't we still have the right to our opinion about those guns? From what it seems Yeager is saying is NO I wouldn't have that right because I don't have a PHD in "shootin'" :)

i think he would probably say that you have a right to an opinion of your particular gun. but not that gun in general...

its like hes a gun racist....he judges the guns based on appearance, because of past experiences, as opposed to that individual guns content of reliability, which only you might know...haha

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Wonder if Mr. Yeager's friendly video demeanor is having an effect on his business?
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-training-class-limited-time.html#post4348270

I'm more inclined to think that his business is feeling the same pinch that the rest of us are feeling. My range trips have dropped dramatically since Dec. because of ammo availability and price. I would love to take a class with a trainer but with ammo the way it is, it won't happen for a while.

I would place more value on his opinion and others like him due to their level of experience. I would also take it as just that, an opinion and worthy of careful examination and not blind faith.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    1372347845494.jpg

Top Bottom