Jan '12 1500: Who was the other guy selling steel targets?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Yes, but at the range I belong to they will not allow targets to sit ground level. So no shooting bottles or cans or walkers on the ground, too concerned about ricochets. It has to be 18" off the ground and less than 2 feet from the berm.

That walker is pretty cool though. I'd actually prefer that over some hanging steel just because it moves and you have to readjust.

The walkers are fun as hell. You should hear all the "oh ****s" and "damnits" when you use one walker for multiple shooters. It's hilarious!! :):

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I live in noblesville, if anyone has any ideas on where it be OK to shoot steel targets, I would love to buy some if I don't have to drive half a day to get there.( to shoot ) I love that sound they make:) I'm open to all ideas.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I live in noblesville, if anyone has any ideas on where it be OK to shoot steel targets, I would love to buy some if I don't have to drive half a day to get there.( to shoot ) I love that sound they make:) I'm open to all ideas.

The rules at the Elwood Conservation Club say, "Metal free swing targets are permitted". ECC is about 25 minutes north of Noblesville.

Yes, but at the range I belong to they will not allow targets to sit ground level. So no shooting bottles or cans or walkers on the ground, too concerned about ricochets. It has to be 18" off the ground and less than 2 feet from the berm.

Where do you shoot, if you don't mind me asking?

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    Miguel, looks like we shoot at the same place. Elwood Conservation Club is fantastic! I would suggest to to anyone in the Noblesville area as it's an easy drive to go to a range with more open rules. Members are nice, considerate and outgoing too.

But back to subject, thank you to everyone who sent the info I needed along.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Sorry for the delay*** I wandered off in cyberworld... I go to crawfordsville G.C. .. It's 42 miles from my house but a really easy drive. I'll do some checking on Elwood. Sounds good.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    Sorry for the delay*** I wandered off in cyberworld... I go to crawfordsville G.C. .. It's 42 miles from my house but a really easy drive. I'll do some checking on Elwood. Sounds good.

If you consider that drive down 32 to be easy then Elwood will be a walk in the park. It's just 15-20 mins north on 37.

mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    It,s Me!!! We will be in the same location on the 16th 17th and 18th of march.. See ya there. We have some Bigger circles available Now with double hangers.. See ya there, Mark

Top Bottom