• ...and so much more!
  • wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    (besides the Indianapolis show)

I did not find any others in the North, but the South folks have a few choices that weekend. {verify before traveling far}

Linton, IN Gunshow

Ferdinand, IN Gunshow

Owensboro, KY Gunshow

Does anyone have any experience with these shows they can share?

They are close enough to each other that two can be visited on the same day.

An Owensboro show followed by a Whittakers Gunshop visit is rather tempting!

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    Southern Indiana gunshows

My experience has been at Linton not a lot of tables set up but worth going to if you don't have to travel a long way. At Ferdinand a lot of tables and big crowds and hard to get around and see everything i've tried both days and when I get there in the morning hours it's still crowded but a good bunch of things to lust over.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Im glad to see this me and a friend were talking the other day about skipping the 1500 with all thatsgoing on with everything might just go south to browse around

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Linton, IN Gunshow

Ferdinand, IN Gunshow

Owensboro, KY Gunshow

Listed in order from smallest to largest. I've been to all three venues.

The Linton show is really small to begin with plus add the fact of all the other shows in the area and the big one in Indy, who knows how many vendors there will be.

I predict the Ferdinand show to be packed as usual. I've done okay here in the past.

Owensboro will be the largest one in the area but I suspect the gouge will be in fool affect here. Plus add the fact we Hoosiers can't buy handguns FTF down there w/o a IN dealer willing to help out. There are a lot of shops in the area plus Whitakers make it a good Saturday trip if you are in the area.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    thanks for the info, Gunaria.

I am leaning towards the Owensboro show. not looking to buy, just looking. and Owensboro has a few more restaurants to choose from, compared to Ferdinand. :)

in the past, Whittakers has always had an interesting selection of used rifles and shotguns. if I have time, I might drive over there, too.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    thanks for the info, Gunaria.

I am leaning towards the Owensboro show. not looking to buy, just looking. and Owensboro has a few more restaurants to choose from, compared to Ferdinand. :)

in the past, Whittakers has always had an interesting selection of used rifles and shotguns. if I have time, I might drive over there, too.
    Owensboro is a good show. And it is nice to drive to Whittakers and see the good selection of ........ empty shelves! The pistol cases are getting bare and, of course, all the ARs are gone. As of last week almost anything in .223/5.56 and .308 are also gone. There were plenty of bolt guns in .243, 30.06, 25.06, etc but hardly anything to use up all that .556 and 7.62x51 you've got stored in your basement after Dear Leader grabs you're AR15s and 10s.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I noticed that the O'boro show is not at the sports arena but rather at the National Guard Armory this weekend. So it might be a lot smaller show now.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    I arrived at the Owensboro show at 3 PM. no lines, average crowd. a table guy told me it was super crowded for the first two hours, people were buying, and "They had hundred dollar bills." (I like that quote. :D )

There were ARs available, 1700 and up. usgi 30 rd AR mags were marked at $35. someone had 20rd thermold AR mags for $15.

I got a deal on magazines in good condition, Ten for $5 total. SOF magazines from 1992. ;) Should have some interesting articles.

it was a 100-table show. pretty small. a worker told me they have more tables when it is at the sportscenter.

the front table had fliers for future shows.

Madisonville, KY on Feb 9/10
    Paducah, KY on Mar 16/17
    Owensboro, KY on Apr 6/7

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Was at Ferdinand yesterday, going on today too. Great place to sell, bad place to buy. Got rid of an upper, the dealers there were offering very reasonable prices. Funny how individuals aren't nearly as outspoken about your prices FTF as they are when they are hiding behind their computer screens.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Yesterday at the Ferdinand show I seen a Norinco SKS w/ 660 rounds for $1000. The cheapest AR was $1300. AR mags priced from $19(tapco 30 rounders) to $200(surefire 60 rounders). USGI mags $25-$50. Cheapest AK I saw was $899. Ammo priced sky high, $39 for bricks of 22lr. Cheapest .223 I seen was at $0.55 per round. I did see an okay price on a Ruger Charger for $275.

Show was really packed for the first couple of hours.

Top Bottom