• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    No one said a word to me when I visited the Greenwood Jared...whilst carrying my pistola.

What they don't know won't hurt anyone. :-)

-J(ared)-

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I like that Jared is a no gun zone. I should check my local mall, hopefully they are too. I look at it as an excuse to not buy jewelry as a gift. "I had my eye on this really nice tennis bracelet and earring set. I really wanted to get it for you, I think you would have loved it. I just can't spend my money somewhere that does not believe in one of the rights upon which this country was built. I'm sorry, Sweetheart, but I will keep looking for jewelry stores that support the second amendment.":rockwoot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I like that Jared is a no gun zone. I should check my local mall, hopefully they are too. I look at it as an excuse to not buy jewelry as a gift. "I had my eye on this really nice tennis bracelet and earring set. I really wanted to get it for you, I think you would have loved it. I just can't spend my money somewhere that does not believe in one of the rights upon which this country was built. I'm sorry, Sweetheart, but I will keep looking for jewelry stores that support the second amendment.":rockwoot:

Yeah, good luck with that. Let us know how it turns out, assuming you can still type afterwards. :lmfao:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Seems to me that your sweetie will simply go shopping for herself, check out the stores that allow guns, and then will send you to one of those stores. You will have a very difficult time NOT spending a lot of money if she does that! :n00b:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Might as well start looking for a tent and a cot... cause I don't think you'll fit in the doghouse...

That is... unless you have a REALLY big dog.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have thought about starting a Packing Blacklist web site. It would list all of the non gun friendly businesses. Yes, it would be publicity for the businesses, but at the same time I think it would be a good list to have.

Would anyone else want to help me put something like this together? Good idea or bad idea?

Good list to have posted. I'd no longer do business with the anti gun establishments listed

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Last I heard, these signs do not carry the weight of law in Indiana. They can only ask you to leave if you're carrying, and ask you not to come back. If you do, you can get charged with trespassing.

That said, the only sign I've seen around here is on the Carquest door, and it reads thus

NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON PREMISES
    except for law enforcement and those legally licensed to carry.

A friend and I got a huge laugh out of that one. We had actually begun to turn away and take our business elsewhere when we noticed the fine print.

Josh <><

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The 8 Lucky buffet off 465 & 31 used to have a no firearms sign posted on the door. I still ate there that time as we were meeting some other folks, now a friend said its no longer posted....?

I believe these lists would be great, if we could all report individual findings to a master list would probably start us off.

found the gun free post.......

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    The 8 Lucky buffet off 465 & 31 used to have a no firearms sign posted on the door. I still ate there that time as we were meeting some other folks, now a friend said its no longer posted....?

I believe these lists would be great, if we could all report individual findings to a master list would probably start us off.

found the gun free post.......
    Yea. I think they wrote it on a napkin and taped it to the door.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've also thought of this, but don't know of any places other than Chili's and Schnucks from people posting on here.
    I never noticed if our local Chili's had a sign posted or not. I carry in ours all the time...

Ironically, the only two places in my town I can recall seeing a no firearms sign was at 1) Fetla's (gun store ironically) and 2) Bin Willy's (a bar). Both are long gone now... and I can't recall seeing one anywhere else in town.

I guess I should look more often. :)

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Roscoe's on E Washington may be pro. He had a good shoot a few years ago.
    Revo phone stores are posted with an OH decal on the door.
    OC in the Beech Grove Jewelry store. Owner asked about the "heater".

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    I say go for it on the website. It would be beneficial to those of us here. And maybe in the future, those folks attending to the corresponding sites in Ohio and Michigan can hook up with you and make a regional type link.

BTW, I have never seen a sign that says no guns allowed. I haven't been to Jared. I was at Fetla's and Bin Willy's hundreds of times though and never saw a sign.

Anyone know if there is a sign at the Chesterton bar that is owned by the Bin Willy's guy? Hooligan's I think it is. Just curious, been there too.

Check out this link for some other starter or link material---
    NRA-ILA :: Fact Sheets

Last edited:

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    if they dont want my guns in there they must not want my credit card in there either.

btw, if this was the case at most jewlers how would rappers buy their jewelry? mabey this could be good thing if properly applied

Top Bottom