• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Ok, so I am in the market for new tires on my wrangler. Currently I have BFG T/A KO's on that are 35X12.5x15. I don't have much experience with tires this size as I bought the Jeep with them already installed and it looks as though 2 definitely are showing more wear. I would have to guess the last owner didn't rotate.
    So what I want is any suggestions on other brands of tires, but only if you have actually used them please.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I don't run that size, but I've been happy with Goodyear MTR's in the past. Really good off road. Noisy on pavement, but hey it's a Jeep.:) You're right about the rotation. Jeeps seem to eat tires if you don't rotate, at least that's been my experience.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I run Goodyear duratracs.They have very aggressive tread patterns,but are still pretty quiet on the road.

Here is what they look like on a jeep.
    2j0hyk5.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What kind of driving do you do? Anything off-road, or all on? Want a quiet (well, for a Jeep) ride, or is that not important?

35" is a pretty big tire, so hold on to your wallet!

I currently have BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 on my TJ. They are a bit aggressive for the road, and slick-pavement traction is not great. However, they do really well off-road for what little I do in this Jeep. I like them.

For more on-road driving, I'd look at the all-terrain version of that tire. I was originally looking for those myself, but they were back-ordered in my size everywhere.

Several friends have the Goodyear MT/R and have had excellent luck with them. Good all-around traction, not terribly noisy, and wear like iron.

I have run the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radials on my CJ, and now have BFG Krawlers. I would not recommend EITHER for on-road use for any reason. They are incredibly loud, have terrible smooth/wet traction (like in rain), and terrible tread life (very soft rubber). Offroad, however, both are absolutely fantastic. The Claws tend to dig holes, but will find whatever traction is available. I don't have much experience yet with the Krawlers.

I almost forgot about the Irok Radials. TERRIBLE offroad. Simply would not hook up on anything, and needed WAY more throttle than my Baja Claws. I'm not even sure I would like them on the street. Dumped them after only a year or so.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    I have priced the ones I have currently and would be $900 for 4 with all the fees and lifetime balance/rotation. I don't mind the noise they put out, that said I've only had the Jeep for a couple of months. I don't drive it much and pretty much everything will be on road, but wouldn't mind the option of playing in the mud a bit.
    I'm a big guy and like that she sits up high with these tires so not sure i would want anything smaller.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Duratrac's are as good as it gets! Get a allingment done, monitor the psi, and rotate the tires and you will have long tire life and be able to travel anywhere!

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I run TSL Radials on my Jeep and absolutely love them. Wet traction, snow, mud, dry pavement- all work great. I've had Discover STT's on my old Jeep and those worked and wore awesome as well. The road noise on the TSL's really aren't that bad.

My wife's Durango has Goodyear MTR's and I hate those tires. Wore quicker than the TSL's and a bit noisy but whenever you have a mud tire they are going to be louder.
    They like to pick up nails as well.

If you do more on road vs. off road I would say you could look at the BFG All Terrains. Those are somewhat of the standard when it comes to all terrain tires.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I would recommend the Cooper A/T3. Quiet on road and a an open lug on the outside and does great in water and snow, decent for what little I've been in the mud.

Last edited:

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    I've looked for the duratracs online but can't seem to find any that are 35's. When on discount tires website they don't even list them. Anyone have a source online?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I had 33" Baja Claw radials on my Jeep and loved them. I didn't think they were too loud and thought they lasted a long time...I had them for over 6 years and they still looked new. They suck complete ass in the rain though... Plan on sliding around like you're on an ice rink.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I've looked for the duratracs online but can't seem to find any that are 35's. When on discount tires website they don't even list them. Anyone have a source online?

I am not certain they have them in 35s.The ones I have are 33s.Sorry if this caused any confusion.33s are a pretty tall tire.

Top Bottom