• ...and so much more!
  • Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    If this has been covered I apologize in advance.
    I just finished watching this show on Netflix.
    I thought it was a very good showing of some if the scenarios we could (will) face in a TEOTWAWKI.
    yes there is some Hollywood influence (drama)
    And I heard the phrase "check your CLIP"several times
    But it helped open the eyes of my wife even more.
    It also has allowed me to start several conversations(vetting)with close friends and family.

Thoughts?

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    It was good until the ending. Because of its cancellation it seemed like they rushed the ending so that there was a conclusion to the story. Decent actors though, I really wish I had caught it while on T.V. to have given it support to keep going.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Saw a few of the shows. Never had the time to devote and it was on before I had a DVR.
    These series sometimes get me going for the lack of reality as in the "check your clip" thing.
    This should not bother me as my kids still refer to mags as clips on occasion. They know better. The power of TV.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    And I heard the phrase "check your CLIP"several times

I haven't watched it yet but I will check it out. The whole clip thing is what bothered me about Sons of Anarchy. They were suppose to be gun running bikers but they were all constantly saying clip instead of magazine. :dunno:

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Followed Jericho all the way through, and was also dissapointed in the ending. Had lots of good ideas about power, water, food etc....Revolution......not so much! Not seen one of them eat yet, or talk about water......just gotta get the power back on........sad so far.......

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It was the writer's strike that brought about the ending of Jericho (and several other good shows), right?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I am in the middle of the third episode currently. I have to admit it has caught my interest. I think shows like this are valuable, because realistic or not it makes you consider what other people might do. How would they go about it? Obviously someone wrote the thing and therefore their human experience has led them to believe that they, or someone they know, might behave in a certain way. And it seems to be pretty good TV too!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I watched most of the first season when I noticed it on Netflix. It got old quick for me. Lack of realism bothers me, and the fact that everyone's laundry was done, everyone apparently still had access to hair dye and makeup, and that one gas station's tank keeps the town running indefinitely were minor irritants, but it just getting worse and worse. The internal logic started breaking down, in one episode only pre-electronics cars run, but a few episodes later late model GMC trucks are running just fine again.

There's some cuties on the show, though. :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I liked it and rented the dvd's and now occasionally watch it on netflix. I thought it was well done by hollywierd standards.

As far as the "clip" vs "magazine" debate...Well...I know which one is correct but when I have ww2 veterans in my shop say "clip" instead of "magazine" I refrain from my usual "are you referring to something to put in your hair?" routine and lapse right into my "Yes sir, and thank you for your service" response.:D

A debate was taking place on a gunboard one time about the correct nomenclature of "the US Model of 1917" vs "1917 Enfield". The collectors were talking about how incorrect and dumb it was to say "1917 Enfield" when a forward thinking poster posted the link to SGT Alvin C. Yorks diary where he talks about not liking "the sight on my Enfield rifle gun."

It was a thread killer to be sure.

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    Thanks for all the response... I get the whole claim to it being unrealistic in some gun nuts eyes (us)
    The ending was rushed for sure...I get all that ;-)
    My reason for mentioning it was for opening the eyes of eyes of our loved ones.
    We can teach the correct nomenclature later...
    We cannot expect a good TEOTWAWKI show... until LONGBOW gets his stuff published/produced lol

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I liked it. Not 100% realistic, and that is TV for you. It gave me some stuff to think about for real life. I think any time a show does that it grabs you a little more. There were some silly parts. I kind of hate it when they cast some people as nither completely bad, but not good either. They seem to want to try to fool you by making you think they are bad, and then give them a redeeming episode and then go back to the bad. The Mayor struggle was kind of that way. That would be my biggest criticism.
    It makes me kind of wish I lived in a small town.

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I can't stand watching TV series. But Jericho was honestly pretty good. had its ups and downs, but just having something like that aired on national television speaks volumes to me. Had a real spirit of rebellion feel throughout also!

Top Bottom