• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    "They were worried about their soldiers shoulders, so they used mild steel butt-plates, instead of hardened steel" :lmfao:

I just love Jerry. Not only a great shot, but a fantastic sense of humor.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I miss my SAW. I just looked up the M249S and $8k is a bit much for me to put into nostalgia...but definitely cool.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I miss my SAW. I just looked up the M249S and $8k is a bit much for me to put into nostalgia...but definitely cool.

No doubt. For $8K it had better be ready to accept a new auto sear.

Or at least put a gat crank on it like BS noticed.

On second thought, the S just kills it for me. Its like a T-bone made of tofu. It may look the same, but its just not anywhere near the same. No thanks.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Having grown up with the M60 LMG, I was never impressed with the SAW or the M240 Bravo. SAW is all bark and no bite. Most soldiers had a tough time qualifying with it. $8,000 for a semi auto version is just laughable. The 240 is too long and ungainly.
    Give me the pig, any day.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    Having grown up with the M60 LMG, I was never impressed with the SAW or the M240 Bravo. SAW is all bark and no bite. Most soldiers had a tough time qualifying with it. $8,000 for a semi auto version is just laughable. The 240 is too long and ungainly.
    Give me the pig, any day.

Amen.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Gonna cast my vote for the M240b.... have plenty of range time with all three platforms i would have to say the m240 far exceeds the Pig (but at a cost in weight) i cant get behind the receiver design of the m60 it's a maintenance nightmare ... barrel changes are difficult no barrel handles on the early models it deforms its bolt lugs the trunnion and rail crack and separate... and its got a relieve short service life.... The new 240L's help to correct some of the weight problems but far as medium machine guns are concerned the m240 is just amazing...

m249 i dont know where to start problematic puts it lightly but the mk46/48 are night and day better

Top Bottom