• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    As a former servicemember and governor, I think JV has earned the right to spout off his POV. It's one thing if it was some long-haired barista calling soldiers "baby killers," who has never served a day, quite another given ventura's background.

For CK to punch JV, for offensive speech or not, makes me wonder if he actually understood why he was killing all those people overseas.

There's a time and a place, and that was neither. I'm sure he understood why he killed those carrying weapons against his fellow warriors.

Bob

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    What would possibly make you think a productive conversation could take place with 2 people after they've been heckling you for an hour and then throw their beer on you?

For the countless times I've read here from posters who would go straight to guns if someone were to punch them just once because one punch can kill, why would anyone not avoid a confrontation if at all possible?

So you think JV has the right to free speech, degrading a Seal who had died by throwing himself on a hand grenade saving his buddy's and doesn't deserve to get punched by another Seal. But you don't understand why someone else who wants to use there free speech against a couple bullies....???? Why wouldn't poor helpless JV not avoid a confrontation if at all possible? Maybe the hat guy had had enought and was telling them if they didn't stop he would call security....giving them a chance becuase hes' a nice guy...after all he had put up with it for an hour.

If your house gets broke into would you run out of your house to avoid confrontation with attacker.....its ok if you thats what you want...Not every one is wired like that, if attacked some of us stand ground....think theres a law in there covering that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So you think JV has the right to free speech, degrading a Seal who had died by throwing himself on a hand grenade saving his buddy's and doesn't deserve to get punched by another Seal. But you don't understand why someone else who wants to use there free speech against a couple bullies....???? Why wouldn't poor helpless JV not avoid a confrontation if at all possible? Maybe the hat guy had had enought and was telling them if they didn't stop he would call security....giving them a chance becuase hes' a nice guy...after all he had put up with it for an hour.

If your house gets broke into would you run out of your house to avoid confrontation with attacker.....its ok if you thats what you want...Not every one is wired like that, if attacked some of us stand ground....think theres a law in there covering that.

Sure, the fractured skull guy has the right to free speech. He was in the right but he still has a fractured skull and nearly died. If 2 guys have been heckling me for an hour and throw their beer on me, I already know that me talking to them isn't going to make a difference. I'd contact security and possibly press criminal charges on them because throwing a beer on someone constitutes assault in most places as far as I know.

If I have a means of escape in public, I will escape. Do you think I care if 10,000+ fans I'll likely never see again think I'm a ***** for walking away? Being in my home and having criminals breach it is entirely different than being in a public place with multiple escape routes. If this guy got up to leave and was followed, it's an entirely different story.

The impression that some seem to be giving on this Ventura deal is that he was saying these things at the funeral home or the graveside service. I believe Kyle said it was at a Seal bar. Not quite the same thing. It sounds as though Ventura wouldn't be suing had ne not written about it in his book. I don't know what kind of money Kyle was worth but there are those who try to bait celebrities into fights for giant paydays. My pride and ego isn't worth a lawsuit.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Sure, the fractured skull guy has the right to free speech. He was in the right but he still has a fractured skull and nearly died. If 2 guys have been heckling me for an hour and throw their beer on me, I already know that me talking to them isn't going to make a difference. I'd contact security and possibly press criminal charges on them because throwing a beer on someone constitutes assault in most places as far as I know.

If I have a means of escape in public, I will escape. Do you think I care if 10,000+ fans I'll likely never see again think I'm a ***** for walking away? Being in my home and having criminals breach it is entirely different than being in a public place with multiple escape routes. If this guy got up to leave and was followed, it's an entirely different story.

The impression that some seem to be giving on this Ventura deal is that he was saying these things at the funeral home or the graveside service. I believe Kyle said it was at a Seal bar. Not quite the same thing. It sounds as though Ventura wouldn't be suing had ne not written about it in his book. I don't know what kind of money Kyle was worth but there are those who try to bait celebrities into fights for giant paydays. My pride and ego isn't worth a lawsuit.

Horn, do you agree with me that it is poor taste for JV to pursue the lawsuit against the estate?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Saying intentionally offensive things to a grieving person whom doesn't want to hear them shows poor moral character and poor self control. Punching someone in the face for offending you shows poor moral character and poor self control. Both of these guys made themselves look bad.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Jesse crossed a line when he said at a function with mourners present that the Seals deserve to lose some guys. FU Jesse. If one of the Seals takes a shot at him after asking him to cease and desist then Jesse deserves it, thats the risk you take by insulting people at a wake. Spewing insults has consequences.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Just read that the owner of the bar was a well respected seal along with a few other seal they said incident never happened .

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Jesse crossed a line when he said at a function with mourners present that the Seals deserve to lose some guys. FU Jesse. If one of the Seals takes a shot at him after asking him to cease and desist then Jesse deserves it, thats the risk you take by insulting people at a wake. Spewing insults has consequences.

And we'll have to wait for the judge and/or jury to decide if assault and bragging about it in a book has consequences.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just read that the owner of the bar was a well respected seal along with a few other seal they said incident never happened .

Isn't that Ventura's reason for suing? If this incident never happened or Kyle lied about what Ventura said, it should have extreme consequences. False accusations can ruin a person.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

This is what I don't get. According to Kyle there is a room full of witnesses.

Why would Ventura sue, if that's the case? Maybe stupid pride started it, Kyle getting killed was a perfect out to drop the suit.

He is continuing which leads me to believe that it was, indeed, made up.

In court it should be easy to turn up all the witnesses Kyle claimed were there.

Forget about the punch, the accusations made against Ventura are damning. If untrue his name should be cleared.

This should be very cut and dry in court.

If the accusations are true and he is suing Kyles wife out spite... There is a place in hell for that.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

Ventura claims that Kyle was trying to discredit him because of his support for Ron Paul, it would have been hard for me to believe until Ron decided to tell us how he really felt about Chris Kyle

Other media outlets claim to have found witnesses to verify Kyle's account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2TdoAJ3wzg

Top Bottom