• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Saw his obituary in the paper yesterday. Jim Spence, owner of J&S Guns, passed away last week while on vacation. Lots of folks know him as the go to guy for transfers in Evansville. He also made weekly trips to Whittaker Guns to pick up handgun purchases for transfer at his shop. He was a genuinely nice guy and I enjoyed both visiting with him and using his services for transfers and shipments. I assume the business will go on as others are involved but it is sad to see him go.

James Spence Obituary - Evansville, IN | Courier Press

On a side note, this is the fourth casual acquaintance of mine to die in the last two months. Tough year all around.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    Brian is going to carry the business on, but their might be some changes in the future. Please be patient the next couple of weeks if you are picking something up or have something on the way.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Brian from J&S

Brian is going to carry the business on, but their might be some changes in the future. Please be patient the next couple of weeks if you are picking something up or have something on the way.

So does anyone know if they are up and running again? I hate to try and message or call them if they were not.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    So does anyone know if they are up and running again? I hate to try and message or call them if they were not.

As far as I know Brian is still running it. Don’t know if the number has changed as it was Jims personal cell. I would call Bernina sewing center and ask. That’s run by Jims wife. *1 (812) 476-6114‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They have been open again for a while. No major changes in hours I think and they still do the Saturday Whittakers run. I have received / shipped several guns through them since Jim's passing.

Top Bottom