• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    In my line of work I get to see some pretty cool stuff, today I stumbled across the most cool thing I've found yet. Working on a 1948 Packard 4 door owned by an 88 year old WWII vet, who still drives the car, he is not the original owner, but I discovered who is today.

Written under the ash tray in pencil. Cool.

Just had to share.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Interesting. The first thing that struck me is the differences in manufacturing from today that would allow that kind of uneven metal edges.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Kids today probably don't even remember when ashtrays were part of cars. Or ashtrays at all.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    As promised.

Couch anyone?

Red clutch pedal means this car is equipt with the electromagnetic clutch, push a button in the dash and you can take off and drive without using the clutch, just have to shift. Car only has 35,000 miles, been painted once a long time ago, showing its age now, but everything else is all original!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    That just makes me sad. Cars don't have class anymore. A customer of mine took me to the Dream Cars exhibit at the IMA a few weeks ago. It really makes me yearn for those days. I'm not even 30 yet but I've always been a hot rod/car junkie. I want class and honor and decency back in the world. Rant off.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That just makes me sad. Cars don't have class anymore. A customer of mine took me to the Dream Cars exhibit at the IMA a few weeks ago. It really makes me yearn for those days. I'm not even 30 yet but I've always been a hot rod/car junkie. I want class and honor and decency back in the world. Rant off.
    I know what you mean... That's why I love this work so much, I'm just a week past 23 and have been around this stuff and their owners my whole life. Just makes me feel good that there are still people out there who want to spend their hard earned money to keep these old gals on the road.

CM this car will be for sale soon, wonder if we can get some INGO funds to make this the Offical Mod-Mobile. :):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Got her out, only took about 4 hrs longer than it should have. It wasn't installed properly at the factory so it fought me all the way out.. Took 2 of us to pry it out....

Top Bottom