• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Like ALL Politicians, he wants the $$'s He cannot hold a real J.O.B. and relies on feeding at the Public Tax Trough :noway:
    Evan needs a Wingman for his last hurrah in Ripe for the Picking Indiana - I'm NOT a Ballard Fan :xmad:
    Joe's biggest Concern is what shoes and handbag will match his ensemble :):

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    For those who claim not to like Ballard....why? Compared to other cities our size, Indianapolis is the fiscal envy of the nation. Crime? It has very little to do with who's Mayor. Quality of life? Again, Indy leads the nation in cities our size.

Don't let the local, hopelessly liberal media lead you by a ring they've put in your nose. Think for yourself.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For those who claim not to like Ballard....why? Compared to other cities our size, Indianapolis is the fiscal envy of the nation. Crime? It has very little to do with who's Mayor. Quality of life? Again, Indy leads the nation in cities our size.

Don't let the local, hopelessly liberal media lead you by a ring they've put in your nose. Think for yourself.

The city doesn't have the money to plow my street or fix potholes, but we've got millions to give away in corporate welfare for millionaires and billionaires.
    The city doesn't have the money to honor the contract it signed with me, but we've got money to give to universities.
    The city doesn't have the money to keep parks with swimming pools open, but we've got enough money to build cricket fields and bicycle lanes (in areas that are incredibly dangerous to bicycle).

Fiscally responsible? Like throwing money at a Super Bowl bid? Like the contract for the crumbling rat feces filled ROC that we entered to get the first Super Bowl? Like supporting light rail? Like constantly trying to raise taxes for public safety, even though he keeps saying its Job 1 but never actually wants to fund it? If the mayor can't affect crime, why is that his major talking point, the way he sells his tax increases, even though the money will inevitable go to something else.

That's why.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Cannot imagine stepping down as the Lord High Muckety Muck of law enforcement down into that three ring circus of being the Mayor of a major city.

Joe better go buy a dog as that will be his only friend.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    How would Joe Hoggsett be worse than Ballard? For one thing, he's a Democrat. That means he'll give lip service to Public Safety while failing to put a muzzle on City-County Council spending, hastening our devolution to Detroit status. I'm not as fond of Ballard as I used to be and I don't agree with some of the ways he's spent money, but I don't think IMPD needs to emulate Chicago PD or NYPD in numbers, either. Much as I like you guys, having more cops than required to equalize losses to retirement/resignations isn't going to solve our crime problems; those are cultural and systemic problems. While I don't want to pay for any more stadia or bike lanes or electric cars, neither do I want to pay for more cops in the county.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Like ALL Politicians, he wants the $$'s He cannot hold a real J.O.B. and relies on feeding at the Public Tax Trough :noway:

So being a partner at Bose McKinney & Evans isn't a "real" job? Kirk, I always thought B M & E was one of the top firms in the area, is Joe now slumming it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The city doesn't have the money to plow my street or fix potholes, but we've got millions to give away in corporate welfare for millionaires and billionaires.
    The city doesn't have the money to honor the contract it signed with me, but we've got money to give to universities.
    The city doesn't have the money to keep parks with swimming pools open, but we've got enough money to build cricket fields and bicycle lanes (in areas that are incredibly dangerous to bicycle).

Fiscally responsible? Like throwing money at a Super Bowl bid? Like the contract for the crumbling rat feces filled ROC that we entered to get the first Super Bowl? Like supporting light rail? Like constantly trying to raise taxes for public safety, even though he keeps saying its Job 1 but never actually wants to fund it? If the mayor can't affect crime, why is that his major talking point, the way he sells his tax increases, even though the money will inevitable go to something else.

That's why.

Ding ding ding.....We have a winner.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So being a partner at Bose McKinney & Evans isn't a "real" job? Kirk, I always thought B M & E was one of the top firms in the area, is Joe now slumming it?

Well, in all fairness, I don't really call working somewhere for 5 days with an expressed desire to leave for a new job "holding down a real job"...

You are aware he was hired there last week after decades of politicking? You are also aware that the only way a big firm brings you on as a partner is through political connections?

Top Bottom